Level I Metalsmithing for Jewelers with Camille Rendal
In this class we will practice primary techniques to complete two to three finished stacking rings set with stones. We will be practicing measuring, cutting, forming soldering rings and bezels, setting cabochon design, textures and finishing. This is an excellent class if you have never taken a jewelry course or would like to brush up on your jewelry skills.
About the Instructor
Camille Rendal has been teaching art and jewelry at the college level for 25 years and earned her MFA in metalsmithing from New Mexico State University. She was head of the art and jewelry program at FRCC/Longmont. Camille is a successful artist now living in Wyoming where she teaches workshops and private sessions in jewelry, sculpture, drawing, and painting.
Tools and equipment students should bring
- Any jewelry tools you currently have in your toolbox (optional)
- 5-6mm ROUND cabochon stones your choice (optional)
Materials kit* $50
Tools and equipment instructor will supply
- Hard Solder
- Easy Solder
- 20g sheet
- Grey wheels
- Flex shaft mandrels
- Charcoal blocks
- Cabochon stones
- Sterling Silver Tube
- Soldering Brushes
- 12g wire
- 20g wire
- Saw blades
- Sand paper, sanding sticks
- Rubber bands, flux containers
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF STUDENTS: 6. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 10 business days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $10 processing.
- Cancellations 5-10 business days prior to the start of the class are eligible for a 50% refund.
- Cancellations occurring less than 5 business days prior to the start date will not be refunded,
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
Registration Open Soon