In this class we will practice piercing and overlay techniques as well as forming and finishing techniques to create a pair of matched earrings and possibly a pendant. We will also cover design and project planning, saw tips and tricks for replicating designs, advanced soldering techniques, texturing and finishing techniques. You will have the option to include a prong set stone in your design and are welcome to work as fast or as slow as you prefer.
This is an excellent class if you have taken several jewelry courses and would like to level up your skills. Please bring your problems and questions to this class. We will talk about creative work arounds and time saving techniques that will improve your overall production.
About the Instructor
Jamie Mclandsborough has been working in the jewelry field for 20 years, since he was first introduced to soldering by a wonderful high school art teacher. Jamie has apprenticed, taken courses through GIA, tested with the Jewelers of America and studied extensively but still believes there is no better way to learn than a little bit of knowledge and a whole lot of experimentation. Jamie currently works as a bench jeweler at Gusterman’s Silversmiths in Downtown Denver, served on the Board of CoMA, and takes classes anywhere he can, most recently right here in the BoMA studio.
Level one courses or 2 years self direction.
Tools and equipment students should bring
- 400 grit sand paper
- 600 grit sand paper
- Optivisor or Magnifying glasses (optional)
- Saw frame (optional)
- Flat/Half Round forming pliers (optional)
- Chain nose pliers (optional)
- Round nose pliers (optional)
- Needle file Set #2 cut (optional)
- Needle file set #4 cut (optional)
- Calipers (optional)
- Dividers (optional)
- Any jewelry tools you currently have in your toolbox (optional)
Materials kit* $50
Tools and equipment instructor will supply
- Hard Solder #101702
- Easy Solder #101200
- 6 1*6 inch 20g sheet #100120
- 3 feet 12g wire #100312
- Saw blades (Good ones)
- Thrumbing thread/silk
- Super glue
- Transfer materials
- 3mm four prong heads
- Collection 3mm CZ
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF STUDENTS: 6. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 10 business days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $10 processing.
- Cancellations 5-10 business days prior to the start of the class are eligible for a 50% refund.
- Cancellations occurring less than 5 business days prior to the start date will not be refunded,
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
Registration Open Now