Put A Lid On It
with Jenn Wells
Date: Friday and Saturday , June 27 & 28
Time: 9:00 pm to 5:00 pm each day
Cost: $345 for BoMA members
$395 for non-members
Materials fee: $XX payable in class
Location: BoMA Studio
4919 Broadway St, Unit 14
Boulder, CO 80304
Everyone needs someplace to hide those tiny, special objects. In this course we will cover small lidded container fabrication. A variety of fabrication forms will be demonstrated with multiple lid options. Demonstrations will include: hinges, friction fit, box clasp and solder set ups. We will experiment with surface treatments and textures. Participants are encouraged to bring with them at least one special object to design their container for. We all have at least one, now you’ll have someplace to put it.
Basic understanding of metalsmithing is required; students should have previous experience with soldering, sawing, and filing.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
Students Should Bring
- Saw blades- 1, 4/0, 6/0
- Saw frame
- Files- bastard + various shapes and coarseness
- Solder, H, M, E
- Paint brush
- Solder pick
- Drill bits of various sizes
- Steel Wool
- Sanding Paper- 320, 400, 600- with paint sticks
- Copper or Silver, 16- 20 ga – buy what your budget allows and based on the size of the container you wish to make---a minimum of 6” x 6” sheet is suggested
- 20,18, 16 ga round wire -sterling, copper
- Tubing with wire fitting the interior dimension (for hinges)
- Cash or check made out to Jenn Wells for $XX for materials kit
MATERIALS KIT: $XX
Instructor will supply *Materials kit purchase is required for all our workshops. The kit insures all students have the same tools and materials require to learn the technique and allows the instructor and the students to focus on the technique rather than the materials.
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF STUDENTS
X. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 14 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to email@example.com.
- Cancellations less than 14 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- By clicking on the “I’m going” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
REGISTRATION OPEN SOON