In this class we'll practice primary techniques to complete several finished pieces of jewelry. We will start with measuring, forming, and soldering rings. Followed by filed design, textures and finishing. We will then form, fit and solder bezels for five millimeter round stones, form findings for both a pendant and earrings of your choice and solder each component together to complete a finished jewelry set.
About the Instructor
Jamie Mclandsborough has been working in the jewelry field for 20 years, since he was first introduced to soldering by a wonderful high school art teacher. Jamie has apprenticed, taken courses through GIA, tested with the Jewelers of America and studied extensively but still believes there is no better way to learn than a little bit of knowledge and a whole lot of experimentation. Jamie currently works as a bench jeweler at Gusterman’s Silversmiths in Downtown Denver, serves on the Board of CoMA, and takes classes anywhere he can, most recently right here in the BoMA studio.
Tools and equipment students should bring
- Any jewelry tools you currently have in your toolbox
- 5-6mm ROUND cabochon stones your choice
Materials kit* $45
Tools and equipment instructor will supply
- Hard Solder
- Easy Solder
- 20g sheet
- .9mm drill bit
- Grey wheels
- Flex shaft mandrels
- Charcoal blocks
- Sterling Silver Tube
- Soldering Brushes
- 12g wire
- 20g wire
- Saw blades
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF STUDENTS: 6. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 10 business days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $10 processing.
- Cancellations 5-10 business days prior to the start of the class are eligible for a 50% refund.
- Cancellations occurring less than 5 business days prior to the start date will not be refunded,
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
Questions About the Class
Send an email and we'll get back to you