Level I Metalsmithing for Jewelers
with Jamie McLandsborough
Date: Four consecutive Wednesday evening sessions
February 5/12/19/26, 2020
Time: 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Cost: $290 (Includes $45 for 2020 membership)
Materials fee: $50
In this class we will practice primary techniques to complete two to three stacking rings, set with stones. We will practice measuring, cutting, forming, soldering rings and bezels, setting cabochon design, textures and finishing. This is an excellent class if you have never taken a jewelry course or would like to brush up on your jewelry skills.
About the Instructor
Jamie Mclandsborough has been working in the jewelry field for 20 years, since he was first introduced to soldering by a wonderful high school art teacher. Jamie has apprenticed, taken courses through GIA, tested with the Jewelers of America and studied extensively but still believes there is no better way to learn than a little bit of knowledge and a whole lot of experimentation. Jamie currently works as a bench jeweler at Gusterman’s Silversmiths in Downtown Denver, served on the Board of CoMA, and takes classes anywhere he can, most recently right here in the BoMA studio.
Tools and equipment students should brin
- Any jewelry tools you currently have in your toolbox (optional)
- Cash or check made out to Boulder Metalsmithing Association for $50 for materials kit*
Materials kit* $50
Tools and equipment instructor will supply
- Hard Solder
- Easy Solder
- 20g Sterling silver sheet
- Grey wheels/Screw Mandrels
- Flex shaft mandrels
- Cabochon stones
- Sterling Silver Tube
- 12g wire
- Saw blades
- Sand paper, sanding sticks
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF STUDENTS: 6. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 14 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to email@example.com.
- Cancellations less than 14 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- Please plan extra time to find us if you’re coming to BoMA for the first time. If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- By clicking on the “I’m going” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.