Introduction to mig Welding with Kathy McGovern for November
Sunday, November 1 from 9 am to 5 pm. $175 for members, $225 non-members. Difference payable in class. Additional materials fee payable in class.
Please note this class is not held at the BoMA studio. Instead, it's at:
2748 47th St
Boulder, CO 80301
For more information about the workshop and our cancellation policy, see below.
About the Instructor
Kathy says she's been addicted to metal since discovering metalsmithing and jewelry design at Indiana University. Now, many years later, she works on larger scaled pieces in steel, stainless steel, copper and zinc. Kathy produces architectural metal work including railings, gates, fireplace fronts, stove hoods, and backsplashes in her studio, Brazin' Hussies, located in Boulder. She also designs sculptures, tables, furniture and just about anything her clients can dream of. Specializing in copper and zinc from countertops to one-of-a kind artwork.
Tools and materials required (Students need to bring)
- Leather gloves
- Long sleeve shirt and pants with no cuffs
- Leather closed-toe shoes
- Safety glasses
- Ear Plugs
- Hair tie or hat for long hair
- $20 cash or a check made out to Kathy for the materials kit*
Materials Kit* $20 (Payable to Instructor)
- Consumables for welder and grinder
- Metal to build small items and practice welding
Maximum 6 students. All participants will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- By clicking on the “I’m going” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to email@example.com with the title “Please Add Me to the Waitlist” with the name of the class and your name.