Goldsmithing 101 with Jamie McLandsborough for August
Sunday, August 6 from 9 am to 5 pm.
$145 for BoMA members, $195 for non-members. Become a member to take advantage of discounted pricing for all our classes.
Additional materials fee payable to instructor in class.
For more information about the class and our cancellation policy, see below.
About the Instructor
Jamie Mclandsborough has been working in the jewelry field for 20 years, since he was first introduced to soldering by a wonderful high school art teacher. Jamie has apprenticed, taken courses through GIA, tested with the Jewelers of America and studied extensively but still believes there is no better way to learn than a little bit of knowledge and a whole lot of experimentation. Jamie currently works as a bench jeweler at Gusterman’s Silversmiths in Downtown Denver, served on the Board of CoMA, and takes classes anywhere he can, most recently right here in the BoMA studio.
Students should be confident soldering and completing basic fabrication tasks in silver. Completion of Metalsmithing Level I or two years experience
Closed-toed shoes and a tie for long hair are required in the studio.
Tools and equipment students should bring
- Small file set
- 400 grit sanding stick.
- Students should bring a round faceted stone less than 7mm in diameter to bezel set into a ring.
- Students should bring all of the small hand tools that they have available.
Materials kit* $175
*Materials kit purchase is required for all BoMA workshops. The kit insures all students have the same tools and materials require to learn the technique and allows the instructor and the students to focus on the technique rather than the materials.
Maximum 8 students. All participants will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- Please plan extra time to find us if you’re coming to BoMA for the first time. If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- Snow. Colorado has frequent snowstorms in the winter and does a good job maintaining their roads in the snow. Snowy weather is a regular occurrence in our area and most people are accustomed to traveling under such conditions. Classes will be cancelled only in the case of inclement weather conditions that would make class attendance unsafe. If the National Weather Services issues a Winter Storm Warning for the time period of the class, we will cancel the class. https://www.weather.gov/bou/winterguide
- By clicking on the “Buy Now” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to email@example.com with the name of the class, your name and ‘please add me to the waitlist’.