Geometric Bezels with Baleigh Acebo for March
Sunday, March 27 from 9 am to 5 pm.
$145 for BoMA members, $195 for non-members. Become a member to take advantage of discounted pricing for all our classes.
Additional materials fee payable to instructor in class.
For more information about the class and our cancellation policy, see below.
About the instructor
Baleigh Acebo is the designer and goldsmith behind Acebo Jewelry. Baleigh is a big believer in learning the foundational techniques as a jumping off point for creating well made, wearable art. Baleigh was trained at the North Bennet Street School’s Jewelry Making and Repair program in Bahston, MA.
Prerequisites for students
Intermediate fabrication skills including sawing, filing, stone setting and soldering are required
Tools and equipment students should bring:
- saw frame & blades
- digital calipers or spring gauge
- hand & needle files (specifically 3 square & 4 square needle files)
- chain nose pliers
- sanding sticks and rotary abrasives (ie 3m bristle disks, knife edge wheels)
- setting tools (we will be demonstrating hammer setting): chasing hammer, setting punch, bezel roller
- chain: 2mm or less (optional)
- all your favorite tools you never leave home without
Materials kit* (bring cash or check payable to instructor) $40 plus the cost of stones.
Stone cost varies (a variety of stones in different shapes & prices will be available)
- Silver sheet
- Silver flat & square stock
- Silver solder
- Chain not included
Maximum 9 students. All participants will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to email@example.com.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- By clicking on the “I’m going” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Please Add Me to the Waitlist” with the name of the class and your name.