Forging a Silver Bracelet with Jamie McLandsborough
Saturday, March 21 from 9 am to 4 pm
$145 members, $195 non-members. Difference collected in class.
Jamie will teach students how to forge a heavy silver bracelet from an ingot created from fine silver. Students will pour their own ingots and Jamie will demonstrate and discuss how to use a hammer and anvil to stretch and form metal. Molten metal, flying hammers... who wouldn't want to take this class?
See below for more information and our cancellation policy
Jamie Mclandsborough has been working in the jewelry field for 20 years, since he was first introduced to soldering by a wonderful high school art teacher. Jamie has apprenticed, taken courses through GIA, tested with the Jewelers of America and studied extensively but still believes there is no better way to learn than a little bit of knowledge and a whole lot of experimentation. Jamie currently works as a bench jeweler at Gusterman’s Silversmiths in Downtown Denver, serves on the Board of CoMA, and takes classes anywhere he can, most recently right here in the BoMA studio.
Tools and materials required (Students need to bring)
- Any hammers you own
- If you can bring an Anvil please let us know
- Ear protection
- Face mask
- Flexshaft mandrels
- Large files
- Sanding sticks
- Saw frame and #2/0 blades
- Please bring earplugs for your protection
- cash or a check made out to Jamie for the materials kit*
Materials Kit (Supplied by Instructor)* $35
- Ingot mold and Crucible
- Baking sheet
- Boric powder and alcohol
- Mizzy wheels
- Grey silicone wheels
- You may cancel up to 14 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations less than 14 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- Please plan extra time to find us if you’re coming to BoMA for the first time. If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- By paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF STUDENTS: 8. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.