Gold Overlay Filed Ring with Alex Boyd for June
Saturday, June 5 from 9 to 5 pm. $145 for BoMA members, $195 for non-members Difference payable in class. (To become a member and save $50 on every class, click here.) Additional materials fee payable to instructor.
For more information as well as our cancellation policy, see below.
Learn techniques for maximizing the appearance and minimizing the cost of gold in your work. Students will make rings in sterling silver and gold.
Basic metalsmithing skills: sawing, soldering, fabrication, etc.
About the Instructor
When Alex Boyd was a young boy he stole an enchanted ring from a powerful bruja. That night his slumber was disturbed by a tapping at his window. When he slid the window open a huge raven rushed in, flew around the room and perched on his bookshelf. "I know what you have taken from me," the raven cawed. "I don't know what your talking about," Alex lied, hiding his bejeweled finger behind his back. "No matter. It is your problem now. The wearer of that ring is indentured to create more talismans of power, either for 1000 years or until he makes something so sublime, so perfect, so beautiful that the spell is broken and he is freed." "1000 years it is," Alex said as he thrust the raven out the window and slammed it shut behind her. He has been making jewelry ever since.
Students need to bring
- Saw with 2/0 and 6/0 blades
- Needle file set
- Flat and half-round hand files 2 cut
- Sanding sticks 180, 320 and 600 grit
- Chain nose, round nose, flat, and half-round pliers
- Bezel roller
- Prong pusher
- Parallel pliers
- A variety of drill bits
- All your favorite tools you can carry comfortably to class
- $75 cash or a check made out to Alex for the materials kit *
Materials Kit $75 (Supplied by Instructor)*
- Gold will be available to purchase seperately. Expect $125-$150 based on how much the student uses
Maximum Number of Students
10. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Students must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to email@example.com.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- Please plan extra time to find us if you’re coming to BoMA for the first time. If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- Snow. Colorado has frequent snowstorms in the winter and does a good job maintaining their roads in the snow. Snowy weather is a regular occurrence in our area and most people are accustomed to traveling under such conditions. Classes will be cancelled only in the case of inclement weather conditions that would make class attendance unsafe. If the National Weather Services issues a Winter Storm Warning for the time period of the class, we will cancel the class. https://www.weather.gov/bou/winterguide
- By clicking on the “Buy Now” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the class, your name and ‘please add me to the waitlist’.