Bi-Metal Earrings with Chapin Dimond for March
Saturday, March 19 from 9 am to 5 pm.
$145 for BoMA members, $195 for non-members. Become a member to take advantage of discounted pricing for all our classes.
Additional materials fee payable to instructor in class.
For more information about the class and our cancellation policy, see below.
Students must know how to control and use a flex shaft and how to use a torch confidently! Please also know how to solder silver and use basic jewelry hand tools (file, saw, sandpaper)
About the instructor
Chapin Dimond is a professional metalsmith and jeweler. In 2003 he discovered the magic of metalsmithing. From Metropolitan State College of Denver, he earned a BFA in Art: Jewelry Design and Metalsmithing. Chapin is a Colorado native inspired by fun, nature and the magic of metals. Metalsmithing is the process of telling stories through metal, releasing the inner “feeling” of what metal wants to be. Swing that hammer, light that torch, and see that magic happen. To see Chapin’s work, visit his website, www.cdimond.com.
Tools and equipment students should bring:
- Soldering tweezers (I like long tweezers)
- Solder pick
- Jewelry metal files
- course (I like #00 flat)
- medium (I like #2 flat)
- fine (I like #4 flat-1/2 round)
- needle files (my go to is #3 and #5 flat-1/2 round)
- Sanding sticks (320 grit, 400 grit)
- Jewelry saw and blades (I like 2/0)
- Safety glasses
- Loop 10x or optiviser
- flat and or chain nose
- flat / 1⁄2 round
- Hand shears/ snips
- 1mm drill bit
- cylinder bur
- Other flex shaft tools for cleaning jewelry (optional)
Materials students should bring:
- 14ga round wire 6 inches
- 20ga round wire 14 inches
- Hard silver solder
- Medium and easy silver solder (optional)
- Cash or check made out to Chapin Dimond for materials kit*
Materials kit $65 not including gold (Tools/equipment and materials/consumables instructor will supply for a fee):
- Scotch Brite -purple
- Mandrel for flex-shaft
- Cut off wheel w/ mandrel
- Other tools and materials
- Sterling Silver
- Gold will be available to purchase separately. Expect $125-$150 based on how much the student uses
Maximum number of students: 8. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to email@example.com.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- Please plan extra time to find us if you’re coming to BoMA for the first time. If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- Snow. Colorado has frequent snowstorms in the winter and does a good job maintaining their roads in the snow. Snowy weather is a regular occurrence in our area and most people are accustomed to traveling under such conditions. Classes will be cancelled only in the case of inclement weather conditions that would make class attendance unsafe. If the National Weather Services issues a Winter Storm Warning for the time period of the class, we will cancel the class. https://www.weather.gov/bou/winterguide
- By clicking on the “Buy Now” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the class, your name and ‘please add me to the waitlist’.