Lapidary 101: Introduction to Stone Cutting with Alex Boyd for August
Sunday, August 15 from 9 am to 5 pm. $175 for BoMA members, $225 for non-members. Difference payable in class. (To become a member and save $50 on every class, click here.) Additional materials fee payable in class.
For more information about the class and our cancellation policy, see below.
Each student will have the use of a Diamond Pacific Genie machine during the class.
All levels welcome. No previous lapidary experience necessary.
About the Instructor
When Alex Boyd was a young boy he stole an enchanted ring from a powerful bruja. That night his slumber was disturbed by a tapping at his window. When he slid the window open a huge raven rushed in, flew around the room and perched on his bookshelf. "I know what you have taken from me," the raven cawed. "I don't know what your talking about," Alex lied, hiding his bejeweled finger behind his back. "No matter. It is your problem now. The wearer of that ring is indentured to create more talismans of power, either for 1000 years or until he makes something so sublime, so perfect, so beautiful that the spell is broken and he is freed." "1000 years it is," Alex said as he thrust the raven out the window and slammed it shut behind her. He has been making jewelry ever since.
Materials Kit* (payable to instructor)
Slabs and some rough will be available for purchase from the instructor. Prices will vary.
*Materials kit purchase is required for all our workshops. The kit insures all students have the same tools and materials required to learn the technique and allows the instructor and the students to focus on the technique rather than the materials.
Maximum number of students: 6. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- Snow. Colorado has frequent snowstorms in the winter and does a good job maintaining their roads in the snow. Snowy weather is a regular occurrence in our area and most people are accustomed to traveling under such conditions. Classes will be cancelled only in the case of inclement weather conditions that would make class attendance unsafe.
- By clicking on the “I’m going” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to email@example.com with the name of the class, your name and ‘please add me to the waitlist’.