Guided Studio Time with Chapin Dimond for January
Saturday, January 8 from 3 to 6 pm.
$95 for BoMA members, $145 for non-members. Become a member and save $50 on every class.
In order to provide the safest possible environment for our students, we require proof of COVID19 vaccination. When you register for a class you also need to send proof of vaccination by email to email@example.com. If you don't want to email your documentation, you'll need to bring it to class. Acceptable forms of proof of vaccination can be found here. No one will be admitted for a class if they arrive without proof of vaccination and didn't already email it to us. There are no exceptions.
See below for more information and our cancellation policy
This is not a class with a project being taught nor a class on a particular technique. Participants work on their own projects with their own materials. You can expect to 'share' the expert/instructor with other participants and learn from each others' questions (and Chapin's answers).
All levels welcome, but basic metalsmithing skills (sawing, soldering, etc.) are required.
About the Instructor
Chapin Dimond is a full-time metalsmith and jeweler. He has a BFA from Metropolitan State University of Denver. Chapin is a Colorado native. In 2003 he began metalsmithing. Nature and the beauty of metals inspire his work. Chapin teaches several classes at BoMA: Alternative Casting, Intro to Lost Wax Casting, Flush Setting, Alternative Setting, and Spiculum necklace. To see Chapin’s work, visit his website, www.cdimond.com.
Students Should Bring
- Your own metal, solder, favorite tools and other consumables
Maximum number of students: 6. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older. (Minimum 3 students to run this workshop.)
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- Please plan extra time to find us if you’re coming to BoMA for the first time. If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- Snow. Colorado has frequent snowstorms in the winter and does a good job maintaining their roads in the snow. Snowy weather is a regular occurrence in our area and most people are accustomed to traveling under such conditions. Classes will be cancelled only in the case of inclement weather conditions that would make class attendance unsafe.
- By clicking on the “Buy Now” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to email@example.com with the name of the class, your name and ‘please add me to the waitlist’.