Getting Tubular with Chapin Dimond for September
Sunday, September 12 from 9 am to 5 pm. $145 for BoMA members, $195 for non-members. Difference payable in class. (To become a member and save $50 on every class, click here.) Additional materials fee payable to instructor.
For more information and our cancellation policy, see below.
Prerequisites for students: Able to control and use a flex shaft is a must! Know how to use a torch confidently and how to solder silver. Also how to use basic jewelry hand tools (hammer, file, saw, sandpaper)
About the instructor: Chapin Dimond is a professional metalsmith and jeweler. In 2003 he discovered the magic of metalsmithing. From Metropolitan State College of Denver, he earned a BFA in Art: Jewelry Design and Metalsmithing. Chapin is a Colorado native inspired by fun, nature and the magic of metals. Metalsmithing is the process of telling stories through metal, releasing the inner “feeling” of what metal wants to be. Swing that hammer, light that torch, and see that magic happen. Chapin is becoming known for fun classes and teaching others the love of metalsmithing through a variety of workshops. To see Chapin’s work, visit his website, www.cdimond.com.
Tools and equipment students should bring:
- 10x loupe
- Bezel pusher (Rio 113034)
- Brass tweezers (Rio 119337)
- Burnisher (Rio 113023)
- File -coarse (I like #00)
- File-fine (I like #2)
- Needle files (my go to is #3 and #5 flat-1/2 round)
- Sanding sticks (320 grit, 400 grit)
- Flat round pliers (like Rio 111183)
- Saw with blades
- Solder pick
- Solder snips
- Solder tweezers
- Finishing supplies (flex shaft tools for cleaning jewelry, what you normally like to use for
- clean up/finishing)
- German/miter block jig (optional but recommended, Rio 113596)
- Tube cutting jig (optional)
- Parallel pliers (optional)
- Hammer handpiece (optional)
- Silver solder (or equivalent ): hard wire 6inch (Rio 101704), medium wire 3inch (Rio 101703), easy wire 1inch (Rio 101100)
- Cash or check made out to Chapin Dimond for materials kit*
Materials kit $85 (Tools/equipment and materials/consumables instructor will supply for a fee):
- Sterling silver tubes
- Sterling silver sheet
- Custom handmade setting chisel
- Variety of burs
- Flex shaft items
- Other tools and materials
Maximum number of students: 8. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- Please plan extra time to find us if you’re coming to BoMA for the first time. If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- Snow. Colorado has frequent snowstorms in the winter and does a good job maintaining their roads in the snow. Snowy weather is a regular occurrence in our area and most people are accustomed to traveling under such conditions. Classes will be cancelled only in the case of inclement weather conditions that would make class attendance unsafe. If the National Weather Services issues a Winter Storm Warning for the time period of the class, we will cancel the class. https://www.weather.gov/bou/winterguide
- By clicking on the “Buy Now” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to email@example.com with the name of the class, your name and ‘please add me to the waitlist’.