Lockets Don't Need to Be Round with Carla Fox for October
Saturday and Sunday, October 23 & 24 from 9 am to 5 pm. $345 for BoMA members, $395 for non-members. Difference payable in class. (To become a member and save $50 on every class, click here.) Additional materials fee payable to instructor.
See below for more information and our cancellation policy
Intermediate Metalsmithing skills of sawing, filing, measuring, soldering, and a knowledge of metals studio safety procedures.
CARLA M. FOX brings the ideal balance of fine craftsmanship and wild imagination to her work. She has been a professional metalsmith/jeweler for over 20 years and her work has been featured and won awards in top juried art shows across the country. Carla loves to teach her craft, because she is the consummate student herself. Curious from childhood about tools and techniques and with an acute attention to detail, and a bit of engineering, she inspires that same joy and exploration in her students. Her skill in fabrication techniques include: fabrication, soldering tricks, design, hollow-forms, etching. The use of varied materials and techniques can be seen in her work at: www.carlamfox.com. Carla is the former Director of Art in the High Desert.
Students Should Bring
Materials Kit* $TBD (payable to instructor)
*Materials kit purchase is required for all our workshops. The kit insures all students have the same tools and materials required to learn the technique and allows the instructor and the students to focus on the technique rather than the materials.
Maximum number of students: 12. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- Please plan extra time to find us if you’re coming to BoMA for the first time. If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- Snow. Colorado has frequent snowstorms in the winter and does a good job maintaining their roads in the snow. Snowy weather is a regular occurrence in our area and most people are accustomed to traveling under such conditions. Classes will be cancelled only in the case of inclement weather conditions that would make class attendance unsafe. If the National Weather Services issues a Winter Storm Warning for the time period of the class, we will cancel the class. https://www.weather.gov/bou/winterguide
- By clicking on the “Buy Now” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to email@example.com with the name of the class, your name and ‘please add me to the waitlist