Level III Metalsmithing for Jewelry with Chapin Dimond for June
June 2/9/16/23. Four consecutive Thursday evenings from 6 pm to 9 pm. $245 for BoMA members, $295 for non-members. Become a member to take advantage of discounted pricing for all our classes.
Additional $60 materials fee payable to instructor in class.
For more information about the class and our cancellation policy, see below.
BoMA level 2 class (or equivalent). A Level 2 student knows how to measure and mark metal, load a saw frame, use a hammer, light a torch, anneal silver and has basic soldering experience.
About the instructor
Chapin Dimond is a full-time metalsmith and jeweler. He has a BFA from Metropolitan State University of Denver. Chapin is a Colorado native. In 2003 he began metalsmithing. Nature and the beauty of metals inspire his work. Chapin teaches several classes at BoMA: Level 1, Alternative Casting, Intro to Lost Wax Casting, Flush Setting, Alternative Setting, and Spiculum Necklace. To see Chapin’s work, visit his website, www.cdimond.com.
Students should bring
- Tools from level 1, 2 class (split mandrel, rubber wheel and mandrel)
- Saw frame
- Sharpie and paper.
- Saw blades (1 pack 2/0)
- Drill bits 0.8mm -1pk (rio#341571)
- Large 5 gallon paint stick
- Pliers (rio 111905)
- Round nose pliers
- Chain nose pliers
- Flat/ round pliers
- 1⁄2 round / flat pliers (like Rio 111180)
- Any jewelry tools you currently have in your toolbox
Materials kit* $60
(Tools/equipment and materials/consumables instructor will supply for a fee)
- 8mm round cab x2
- Fine Silver bezel wire
- Sterling Silver Wire round-12ga
- Sterling Silver Wire round-16ga
- Sterling Silver Wire round-20 ga
- Copper wire round- 20ga
- Sterling silver sheet 18 ga
- Copper sheet 20 ga
- Brass sheet 20 ga
- Silver Solder: H, M, E
- Sandpaper- 400grit
- Drill bits 0.8mm (2)
- Cylinder bur 2.3mm
- Cup bur 1.5mm OD
- Ball bur 0.9mm, 1.5 mm, 2 mm
- Split mandrel
- Rubber wheel blue eve
- Rubber bullet blue eve
- heatless wheel
- Polishing wheel (hard felt)
- Screw mandrel
- Bullet mandrel
- Snap on sanding disc (320grit)
- Mandrel for Snap on sanding disc
Maximum number of students: 8. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- Snow. Colorado has frequent snowstorms in the winter and does a good job maintaining their roads in the snow. Snowy weather is a regular occurrence in our area and most people are accustomed to traveling under such conditions. Classes will be cancelled only in the case of inclement weather conditions that would make class attendance unsafe.
- By clicking on the “I’m going” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to email@example.com with the name of the class, your name and ‘please add me to the waitlist’.