Level I Metalsmithing for Jewelry with Chapin Dimond - April
Four consecutive Thursday evenings in April: 2/9/16/23 from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm. $290 class fee includes $45 for 2020 Membership. $50 materials fee collected separately in class.
In this class we will practice primary techniques to complete two to three stacking rings, set with stones.
For details and cancellation policy see below
About the Instructor
Chapin Dimond is a full-time professional metalsmith and jeweler. In 2003 he discovered the magic of metalsmithing. From Metropolitan State College of Denver, he earned a BFA in Art: Jewelry Design and Metalsmithing. Chapin is a Colorado native inspired by nature and the magic of metals. Chapin teaches several classes at BoMA: Alternative Casting, Sink a Bowl, Introduction to Green Sand Casting, Intro to Lost Wax Casting, Flush Setting a Cuff, Alternative Setting, Scrap to Ring, and Forged Bracelet. To see Chapin’s work, visit his website, www.cdimond.com.
Tools and equipment students should bring
- Any jewelry tools you currently have in your toolbox (optional)
Materials kit* $50
Tools and equipment instructor will supply
- Hard Solder
- Easy Solder
- 20g sheet
- Grey wheels
- Flex shaft mandrels
- Cabochon stones
- Sterling Silver Tube
- 12g Sterling Silver wire
- 20g Sterling Silver wire
- Saw blades
- Sand paper, sanding sticks
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF STUDENTS: 6. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 45 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to email@example.com.
- Cancellations less than 45 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- By clicking on the “I’m going” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Please Add Me to the Waitlist” with the name of the class and your name.