Functional and Articulated Riveting with Michele Throne
Sunday November 21 from 9 am to 5 pm. $145 for BoMA members, $195 for non-members. Difference payable in class. (To become a member and save $50 on every class, click here.) Additional materials fee payable to instructor
For more information and our cancellation policy, see below.
Make your jewelry fly, spin or wave! Students will learn how to use tube and wire riveting to connect pieces together without soldering as well as how to use rivets to create moveable parts in their pieces.
Students should have previous experience with the jewelers saw.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT (what you'll want to bring)
Choice of silver, copper, brass or combination. 26- 18ga. This will depend quite a bit on your design. I recommend coming to class with a couple of simple design ideas to get you started!
MATERIALS KIT (what the instructor will provide) $10
A variety of sizes of wire and tubing in different metals
Sheet will be available for purchase
*Materials kit purchase is required for all our workshops. The kit insures all students have the same tools and materials required to learn the technique and allows the instructor and the students to focus on the technique rather than the materials.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Michele Throne makes her living as a full-time metalsmith and jeweler. She has a BFA from Florida State University and in a previous life, was a Montessori art specialist and teacher. Michele lives in the mountains and her work is inspired by nature and the human experience. To see Michele's work, visit her website, Sidhe Designs. Michele also sits on the Board of Directors of Boulder Metalsmithing Association.
Maximum eight (8) students. All participants will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to email@example.com.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- Please plan extra time to find us if you’re coming to BoMA for the first time. If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- Snow. Colorado has frequent snowstorms in the winter and does a good job maintaining their roads in the snow. Snowy weather is a regular occurrence in our area and most people are accustomed to traveling under such conditions. Classes will be cancelled only in the case of inclement weather conditions that would make class attendance unsafe. If the National Weather Services issues a Winter Storm Warning for the time period of the class, we will cancel the class. https://www.weather.gov/bou/winterguide
- By clicking on the “Buy Now” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the class, your name and ‘please add me to the waitlist’.