How the Tiger Got It's Stripes with Baleigh Acebo
Sunday, November 21 from 9 am to 5 pm. $145 for BoMA members, $195 for non-members. Difference payable in class. (To become a member and save $50 on every class, click here.) Additional materials fee payable to instructor.
For more information and our cancellation policy, see below.
About the instructor
Baleigh Acebo is the designer and goldsmith behind Acebo Jewelry. Baleigh is a big believer in learning the foundational techniques as a jumping off point for creating well made, wearable art. Baleigh was trained at the North Bennet Street School’s Jewelry Making and Repair program in Bahston, MA.
Prerequisites for students
Intermediate fabrication skills including sawing, filing, stone setting and soldering are required
Students Should Bring:
- Saw frame & blades
- needle files
- ring mandrel
- ring forming pliers
- favorite mallets/hammers
- half round file, sanding sticks
- favorite rotary abrasives and finishing tools
- favorite setting tools
Materials Kit* $185 (payable to instructor)
- 18ky square wire
- sterling silver flat stock
- two sizes of sterling silver tubing
- two setting burs
- silver and 18ky solder
- A variety of stones will also be available for an additional charge
Maximum number of students: 8. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to email@example.com.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- Please plan extra time to find us if you’re coming to BoMA for the first time. If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- Snow. Colorado has frequent snowstorms in the winter and does a good job maintaining their roads in the snow. Snowy weather is a regular occurrence in our area and most people are accustomed to traveling under such conditions. Classes will be cancelled only in the case of inclement weather conditions that would make class attendance unsafe. If the National Weather Services issues a Winter Storm Warning for the time period of the class, we will cancel the class. https://www.weather.gov/bou/winterguide
- By clicking on the “Buy Now” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the class, your name and ‘please add me to the waitlist’.