Duality Ring Bezel Workshop with Chapin Dimond
Saturday, November 6 from 9 am to 5 pm. $145 for BoMA members, $195 for non-members. Difference payable in class. (To become a member and save $50 on every class, click here.) Additional materials fee payable to instructor.
See below for more information and our cancellation policy
Prerequisites for students: Know how to use a torch confidently and how to solder silver and how to use basic jewelry hand tools (hammer, file, saw, sandpaper)
About the instructor: Chapin Dimond is a professional metalsmith and jeweler. In 2003 he discovered the magic of metalsmithing. From Metropolitan State College of Denver, he earned a BFA in Art: Jewelry Design and Metalsmithing. Chapin is a Colorado native inspired by fun, nature and the magic of metals. Metalsmithing is the process of telling stories through metal, releasing the inner “feeling” of what metal wants to be. Swing that hammer, light that torch, and see that magic happen. Chapin is known for fun classes and teaching others the love of metalsmithing through a variety of workshops. To see Chapin’s work, visit his website, www.cdimond.com.
Tools and equipment students should bring:
○ 1⁄2 round pliers
○ Flat pliers
○ Chain nose pliers
● Wire snips/ solder shears
● Bezel roller -brass
● Bezel pusher
● Scraper tool
● Exacto blade
● Paper pencil
● Solder picks
● Solder tweezers
● Solder snips
● Saw blades (I like 2/0)
○ File -coarse (I like #00)
○ File-fine (I like #2)
○ Needle file 1⁄2 round #4
● Sanding sticks (various grist #320, 400, 600)
● Safety glasses
● Sharpies - where do you want that added (Make sure regular black not a fancy Sharpie)
● (optional recommended) Bristle discs for flex shaft
● (optional) Optiviser or 10x loupe
● (optional) Ball burs- mix sizes
● (optional) Drill bits
● (optional) Finishing supplies - flex shaft tools for cleaning jewelry, what you normally like
to use for clean up/finishing)
Materials students should bring:
● 2 cabochon stones (NOT faceted) sizes: 1 no bigger than a quarter and 1 smaller than a nickel but bigger than 6mm (both need to fit with in 2”x1” area with space
● Silver solder (or equivalent )
○ hard (Rio 101704)
○ medium (Rio 101703)
● Cash or check made out to Chapin Dimond for materials kit*
Materials Kit* $55 (payable to instructor)
● Sterling silver
● Small sanding stick
● 3m polishing cloth green
● Wheel eve wheel
● Split mandrel
● Cut off wheel
● Sticky wax
*Materials kit purchase is required for all our workshops. The kit insures all students have the same tools and materials required to learn the technique and allows the instructor and the students to focus on the technique rather than the materials.
Maximum number of students: 8. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- Please plan extra time to find us if you’re coming to BoMA for the first time. If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- Snow. Colorado has frequent snowstorms in the winter and does a good job maintaining their roads in the snow. Snowy weather is a regular occurrence in our area and most people are accustomed to traveling under such conditions. Classes will be cancelled only in the case of inclement weather conditions that would make class attendance unsafe. If the National Weather Services issues a Winter Storm Warning for the time period of the class, we will cancel the class. https://www.weather.gov/bou/winterguide
- By clicking on the “Buy Now” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to email@example.com with the name of the class, your name and ‘please add me to the waitlist’.