Elegant Silver Bowl with Chapin Dimond for December
Sunday, December 4 from 9 am to 5 pm. $145 for BoMA members, $195 for non-members. Difference payable in class. (To become a member and save $50 on every class, click here.) Additional materials fee payable to instructor.
See below for more information and our cancellation policy
Need to know how to use a torch and helpful if comfortable with using hammers, files/ belt sander, flex shaft, and jeweler’s saw/ metal shear, and if adding a foot to the bowl need to know how to solder.
About the Instructor
Chapin Dimond is a full-time professional metalsmith and jeweler. In 2003 he began his adventure exploring metalsmithing. From Metropolitan State College of Denver, he earned a BFA in Art: Jewelry Design and Metalsmithing. Chapin is a Colorado native. His work is inspired by nature and the beauty of metals. Metalsmithing is the process of telling stories through metal, releasing the inner “feeling” of what metal wants to be. Swing that hammer, light that torch, and see that magic happen. To see Chapin’s work, visit his website, www.cdimond.com.
Students Should Bring
- ear muffs/ ear protection
- safety glasses
- Sharpie marker
- dividers/ compass
- course (I like #00 flat)
- medium (I like #2 flat)
- fine (I like #4 flat - 1/2 round)
- jewelers saw frame
- saw blades #2/0 (or size you prefer)
- sanding sticks variety of grits
- flex shaft cleaning tools - accessories - ball bur, sanding/clean up
- leather gloves
- silver hard solder wire solder 6inch, silver med solder 12inch, flux (in case there is cracking and for adding a footer may not use all)
- soldering tools - solder pick, tweezers
- chain nose pliers
- ½ round/ flat pliers
- metal (sterling silver) needed for project few size choices (pick 1)
- 3inch - 6inch square sheet 20 gauge or 18 gauge
- 3” x 3” 20 gauge or 18 gauge
- 4” x 4” 20 gauge or 18 gauge
- 5” x 5” 20 gauge or 18 gauge
- 6” x 6” 20 gauge or 18 gauge
cash or a check for the materials kit made out to Chapin Dimond*
Materials Kit* $45 (payable to instructor)
- teardrop shaped mallet
- sterling silver for foot
- Scotch-Brite pad
- steel wire
- other necessary tools and materials
- wood stump with dip (for an additional fee if wanted to keep)
Maximum number of students: 8. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to email@example.com.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- Please plan extra time to find us if you’re coming to BoMA for the first time. If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- Snow. Colorado has frequent snowstorms in the winter and does a good job maintaining their roads in the snow. Snowy weather is a regular occurrence in our area and most people are accustomed to traveling under such conditions. Classes will be cancelled only in the case of inclement weather conditions that would make class attendance unsafe. If the National Weather Services issues a Winter Storm Warning for the time period of the class, we will cancel the class. https://www.weather.gov/bou/winterguide
- By clicking on the “Buy Now” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the class, your name and ‘please add me to the waitlist’.