Argentium with a Touch of Gold with Ronda Coryell
Saturday and Sunday, December 18 and 19. $345 for BoMA members, $395 for non-members. Difference payable in class. (To become a member and save $50 on every class, click here.) Additional materials fee payable to instructor.
See below for more information and our cancellation policy
Adding high karat gold to Argentium takes your work to a level of excellence and adding flush mounting of 2mm stones in each project kicks it up a notch. A sure way to make your work stand out is to add high karat gold to create beautiful and unique designs. Students will learn how to alloy 22k gold, fuse 22k gold dust, and flush mount 2mm faceted stones. Projects are fabricated using no solder. 18k or 22k gold is required for this class. You may bring your own or purchase from instructor. You will make a ring with flush mounted stones and a pair of earrings.
Basic Argentium Fusing and Fabricating Skills
Students need to bring
- Jewelers Saw and 3/0 blades
- Charcoal block
- Needle files
- Half round pliers
- Chain nose pliers
- Flat or parallel pliers
- Round nose pliers
- Delrin hammer
- Solder/metal shear (Joyce Chen my favorite)
- Files - half round ring file med/fine
- Needle file - half round 2 or 4 cut
- Steel bench block
- Tweezers fine tip
- Wire cutter (flush cutting best)
- Sanding papers
- 3M Bristle Brushes (6 per mandrels) blue, peach, & green (optional)
- $85 cash or a check made out to Ronda for the materials kit *
Materials Kit $70 (DOES NOT INCLUDE GOLD)
- 1.65mm (14ga) x 5mm x 3”
- Jump rings Argentium– 8pcs 1.6mmID (gold wire – wrap around a 1.5mm drill bit)
- 2mm CZs – 8pcs
- 2mm diamonds?? Available for purchase??
- 2mm blue CZs
- .8mm (20ga) x 1 ½” x 2”
- 2mm CZs – 2pcs
- Jump rings – 2pcs
- 18 or 22k gold dust (minimum of .1 dwt required) @ $110/dwt
If student desires to alloy gold to 22k, minimum ¼ oz required
Ronda’s cost for gold to buy:
- 22k gold for dust @ $110/dwt
- 22k rd wire - $20/inch
- 22k Gold bezel strip x 3mm (bezel) $30/in
*Materials kit purchase is required for all our workshops. The kit insures all students have the same tools and materials required to learn the technique and allows the instructor and the students to focus on the technique rather than the materials.
Maximum number of students: 12. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to email@example.com.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- Please plan extra time to find us if you’re coming to BoMA for the first time. If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- Snow. Colorado has frequent snowstorms in the winter and does a good job maintaining their roads in the snow. Snowy weather is a regular occurrence in our area and most people are accustomed to traveling under such conditions. Classes will be cancelled only in the case of inclement weather conditions that would make class attendance unsafe. If the National Weather Services issues a Winter Storm Warning for the time period of the class, we will cancel the class. https://www.weather.gov/bou/winterguide
- By clicking on the “Buy Now” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the class, your name and ‘please add me to the waitlist’.