Mawwiage of Metals: Platinum Edition with Baleigh Acebo
Sunday, January 16 from 9 am to 5 pm.
$145 for BoMA members, $195 for non-members. Become a member to take advantage of discounted pricing for all our classes.
In order to provide the safest possible environment for our students, we require proof of COVID19 vaccination. When you register for a class you also need to send proof of vaccination by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don't want to email your documentation, you'll need to bring it to class. Acceptable forms of proof of vaccination can be found here. No one will be admitted for a class if they arrive without proof of vaccination and didn't already email it to us. There are no exceptions.
Additional materials fee payable to instructor in class.
For more information about the class and our cancellation policy, see below.
All levels welcome, but basic metalsmithing skills (sawing, soldering, etc.) will be greatly helpful.
Closed-toed shoes and a tie for long hair are required in the studio.
About the Instructor
Baleigh is a designer and goldsmith formally trained in jewelry making & repair at the North Bennet Street School in Boston, MA.
Students Should Bring
- Saw and blades
- Favorite rotary abrasives (wheels, points, etc) Hammer setting tools
- Bezel forming pliers
- Bezel mandrel
- Sterling silver chain of student's choosing (various widths can be accommodated in project)
Materials Kit* $105 (payable to instructor)
- 6mm faceted stone (lots of options to choose from) sterling silver disks
- platinum stock
- assortment of ball burs and drill bits
- silver wire
- silver solder
- thermo lock
- liver of sulphur
- teensy lab grown diamonds (optional design element)
Maximum number of students: 8. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to email@example.com.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- Please plan extra time to find us if you’re coming to BoMA for the first time. If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- Snow. Colorado has frequent snowstorms in the winter and does a good job maintaining their roads in the snow. Snowy weather is a regular occurrence in our area and most people are accustomed to traveling under such conditions. Classes will be cancelled only in the case of inclement weather conditions that would make class attendance unsafe. If the National Weather Services issues a Winter Storm Warning for the time period of the class, we will cancel the class. https://www.weather.gov/bou/winterguide
- By clicking on the “Buy Now” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the class, your name and ‘please add me to the waitlist’.