Double Decker Remnant Cuff with Richard Salley for February
Saturday & Sunday, February 26 & 27 from 9 am to 5 pm.
$345 for BoMA members, $395 for non-members. Become a member to take advantage of discounted pricing for all our classes.
In order to provide the safest possible environment for our students, we require proof of COVID19 vaccination. When you register for a class you also need to send proof of vaccination by email to email@example.com. If you don't want to email your documentation, you'll need to bring it to class. Acceptable forms of proof of vaccination can be found here. No one will be admitted for a class if they arrive without proof of vaccination and didn't already email it to us. There are no exceptions.
Additional materials fee payable to instructor in class.
For more information about the class and our cancellation policy, see below.
Prerequisites for students (if any): soldering and sawing proficient
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Richard began working in metal in 1969 as an assistant to metal sculptor Malcom Moran in Carmel, CA. .Richard retired from teaching in public schools to devote more time to his art and teaching workshops around the country. He considers himself not so much a jeweler but rather a ‘maker of wearable art’. His interests include digital art, mixed media collage/assemblage, sculpture and jewelry.
Tools and equipment students should bring:
- Safety glasses
- Jewelers saw and blades (#2/0-4/0)
- Pliers-flat nose, chain nose, round nose
- Files – hand files and/or needle files
- Calipers – digital calipers can be found online or at Harbor Freight for around $20
- Wire cutters
- bezel rocker, burnishers or bezel pusher
- A flat-back cabochon and 2 sheets of silver (any gauge) large enough for your stone and room for embellishments
- Scrap silver...how much? As much as you can; more is better in this case. Scraps with textures, holes, imperfections, some of your mistakes, etc. work very well. I will have scrap to sell also if you don't have much.
- Metal shears
- miter vise/jig
- bracelet mandrel
- bracelet bending pliers
Materials Kit* $20 (payable to instructor)
4mm sterling silver tubing
Sterling silver half-bead wire and twist wire for embellishments
Bezel wire (serrated or plain)
*Materials kit purchase is required for all our workshops. The kit insures all students have the same tools and materials required to learn the technique and allows the instructor and the students to focus on the technique rather than the materials.
Maximum number of students: 12. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- Please plan extra time to find us if you’re coming to BoMA for the first time. If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- Snow. Colorado has frequent snowstorms in the winter and does a good job maintaining their roads in the snow. Snowy weather is a regular occurrence in our area and most people are accustomed to traveling under such conditions. Classes will be cancelled only in the case of inclement weather conditions that would make class attendance unsafe. If the National Weather Services issues a Winter Storm Warning for the time period of the class, we will cancel the class. https://www.weather.gov/bou/winterguide
- By clicking on the “Buy Now” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to email@example.com with the name of the class, your name and ‘please add me to the waitlist’.