The Chain Gang: Unusual Chains, Links and More with Paulette Werger in May
Saturday and Sunday, May 21 & 22. from 9 am to 5 pm.
$345 for BoMA members, $395 for non-members. Become a member to take advantage of discounted pricing for all our classes.
Additional materials fee payable to instructor in class.
For more information about the class and our cancellation policy, see below.
About the Instructor
Paulette Werger is a metalsmith and teacher who works in Lebanon, NH. She sells her work both nationally and internationally and is owner of Metalpeople East, a jewelry and hollow ware studio She has taught metalsmithing at the University of WI, Montana State University, and at craft schools throughout the country. She serves as trustee for Society of Arts and Crafts and is a former board member of SNAG.
All levels welcome, but basic metalsmithing skills (sawing, soldering, etc.) will be greatly helpful. Should be proficient with soldering.
Closed-toed shoes and a tie for long hair are required in the studio.
Students Should Bring
- Solder rite pad soft (Rio item #502064, 6x6x3/4, $8.75 each)
- Pencils / sharpie / note pad
- Safety glasses or goggles
- File folder
- Abrasive paper (assorted grits; best as sanding sticks)
- Fine-pointed scribe or dividers
- Saw frame
- #2/0 and/or #4/0 saw blades
- Assorted pliers (include a pair of needle nose, round nose, parallel jaw, ½ round flat, flush cutting nippers)
- Assorted wooden dowels sizes: 1/4, ½, 5/8, ¾ 1” diameters
- Assorted small drill bits (#68 = 20 gauge is a useful size to include)
- ½ round ring file #2 or #4 cut
- Set/needle files, #2 or #4 cut
- 6”stainless steel ruler or tape measure
- Center punch
- Small ball peen or planishing hammer
- Small steel bench block
- Ring clamp
- Manila file folder(s)
- Green 3M scrubbie scouring pad
- Optivisor or other magnifier with light if you need it
- Shop apron
Materials Kit* $TBD (payable to instructor)
Paulette will bring a full selection of Argentium wire, sheet, solders, gems and pearls will be available for sale directly to the student.
*Materials kit purchase is required for all our workshops. The kit insures all students have the same tools and materials required to learn the technique and allows the instructor and the students to focus on the technique rather than the materials.
Maximum number of students: 12. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- Please plan extra time to find us if you’re coming to BoMA for the first time. If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- Snow. Colorado has frequent snowstorms in the winter and does a good job maintaining their roads in the snow. Snowy weather is a regular occurrence in our area and most people are accustomed to traveling under such conditions. Classes will be cancelled only in the case of inclement weather conditions that would make class attendance unsafe. If the National Weather Services issues a Winter Storm Warning for the time period of the class, we will cancel the class. https://www.weather.gov/bou/winterguide
- By clicking on the “Buy Now” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to email@example.com with the name of the class, your name and ‘please add me to the waitlist’.