Bead Setting: Making the Most with the Least with Jimmy Butts
Two days. Saturday and Sunday, October 1 and 2 from 9 am to 5 pm both days.
$345 for BoMA members, $395 for non-members. Become a member to take advantage of discounted pricing for all our classes.
Additional materials fee of $30+ payable to instructor in class.
About the Instructor
Jimmy Butts has been a goldsmith for 35 years and two-time Bench Pressure Challenge winner.
Stone setting and graver experience preferred and familiar with microscope usage.
Closed-toed shoes and a tie for long hair are required in the studio.
Students Should Bring
- Old beading tools and handles
- Used burs including some old carbide burs if they have any
- Starrett or similar dividers if they have any
- Digital calipers if they have any
- Brass mm gauge if they have one
- A scribe or we can make one
- 1 or 2 mushroom graver handles Stuller number 53-1417:100000: T
- 60-degree graver blank
- Gravers you currently use (optional).
- Note pad is a must. Encourage taking pictures
- Bring any pieces you have to set 1.5mm or 1mm CZ’s in
Materials Kit* $30+ (payable to instructor)
- Ball burs
- Cone burs
- Drill bit
- Practice plates and rings
- Practice plates from GrS can be anything they want.
- Optional: a wheel they may like that’s $50 each
Maximum number of students: 8. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to email@example.com.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- Please plan extra time to find us if you’re coming to BoMA for the first time. If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- Snow. Colorado has frequent snowstorms in the winter and does a good job maintaining their roads in the snow. Snowy weather is a regular occurrence in our area and most people are accustomed to traveling under such conditions. Classes will be cancelled only in the case of inclement weather conditions that would make class attendance unsafe. If the National Weather Services issues a Winter Storm Warning for the time period of the class, we will cancel the class. https://www.weather.gov/bou/winterguide
- By clicking on the “Buy Now” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the class, your name and ‘please add me to the waitlist’.