Tufa Carving & Casting Party with Chapin Dimond
Saturday, February 8 from 12 noon to 4 pm.
Learn to carve and cast tufa stone. The texture of the volcanic rock creates jewelry with a very distinct, sandstone-like finish and texture.Chapin Dimond will provide expert direction for carving your design and will pour your casting.
For details and cancellation policy see below
Workshop Cost: $45 for members, $95 for non-members. Non-member difference will be paid in class. Additional materials cost.
Students should bring
- Ideas for a design ready to carve (no more than 2" x 2"). You’ll have more time to carve if you have an design thought out.
- Bring clean scrap or casting grain if you want to work with a metal other than Ancient Bronze. You can bring fine silver, sterling silver or argentium silver (no copper or pewter)
- Carving tools and an old file. Burs and drill bits to use in the flex shaft. (we'll have some of these for use in the studio)
- Mask for respiratory protection
- Clean up tools like needle files and sanding sticks
- Jewelers saw (optional)
- Saw blades 2/0
Materials kit (students will pay for these)
- Tufa stone at $3/pound
- Ancient bronze metal for casting at $15/pound
Maximum number of students: 20. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 14 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations less than 14 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- Please plan extra time to find us if you’re coming to BoMA for the first time. If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- By clicking on the “I’m going” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.