Sleigh Bells with Chapin Dimond for December
Saturday, December 3. $145 for BoMA members, $195 for non-members. Become a member to take advantage of discounted pricing for all our classes.
Additional materials fee payable to instructor in class.
For more information about the class and our cancellation policy, see below.
Prerequisites for students
Need to know how to use a torch, and helpful if comfortable with using hammers, files, flex shaft, and jeweler’s saw
About the instructor
Chapin Dimond is a full-time professional metalsmith and jeweler. In 2003 he discovered the magic of metalsmithing. From Metropolitan State College of Denver, he earned a BFA in Art: Jewelry Design and Metalsmithing. Chapin is a Colorado native inspired by nature and the magic of metals. Metalsmithing is the process of telling stories through metal, releasing the inner “feeling” of what metal wants to be. Swing that hammer, light that torch, and see that magic happen. Chapin teaches several classes: Alternative Casting, Elegant Silver Bowl, Flush setting and Intro to Lost Wax Casting. To see Chapin’s work, visit his website, www.cdimond.com.
Tools and equipment students should bring
- Saw blades
- Sanding drum
- Sanding sticks
- Drill bit (1mm)
- Solder tweezers
- Silver Solder
- 3”x 3” 18 or 20 gauge sterling silver
- File- flat and 1⁄2 round
- Needle file flat
- 1⁄2 round/ flat pliers
- Sharpie marker
- Safety glasses
- Optional -Dapping balls, Dapping blocks
- Optional- Any other clean up tools you like flex shaft accessories - ball bur, sanding/clean up
Materials kit $45 payable to instructor
- Silver rod
- Rivet punch
- Flex shaft tools
- Additional delrin forming block are available for $20
Maximum number of students: 8. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to email@example.com.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- Please plan extra time to find us if you’re coming to BoMA for the first time. If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- Snow. Colorado has frequent snowstorms in the winter and does a good job maintaining their roads in the snow. Snowy weather is a regular occurrence in our area and most people are accustomed to traveling under such conditions. Classes will be cancelled only in the case of inclement weather conditions that would make class attendance unsafe. If the National Weather Services issues a Winter Storm Warning for the time period of the class, we will cancel the class. https://www.weather.gov/bou/winterguide
- By clicking on the “Buy Now” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the class, your name and ‘please add me to the waitlist’.