Keum Boo & Reticulation with Paulette Werger
Saturday and Sunday, November 18 & 19 from 9 am to 5 pm. Become a member to take advantage of discounted pricing for all our classes.
Additional materials fee payable to instructor in class.
For more information about the class and our cancellation policy, see below.
High relief texture is combined with 24Karat gold diffusion to yield pattern, design and texture.
Capitalize on combining the peaks and valleys of a beautifully reticulated surface with the richness of gold to make a cuff, a brooch and more! The use of 80/20 reticulation alloy, its preparation, and reticulation will be our beginning point. The Keumboo process including making gold foils and applying them in a variety of ways to create a design will be covered in this class. Come away with two techniques and a lovely piece of wearable work!
A perfect class for those who like texture and want to use gold in an economical way.
Basic metalsmithing skills (sawing, soldering, etc.) are required
Closed-toed shoes and a tie for long hair are required in the studio.
About the Instructor
Paulette Werger is a metalsmith and teacher who works in Lebanon, NH. She sells her work both nationally and internationally and is owner of
Metalpeople East, a jewelry and hollow ware studio at the AVA Gallery and Art Center, Lebanon, NH.
She has taught metalsmithing at Carleton College, University of WI, Montana State
University, and at craft schools throughout the country. She has serves as trustee
For Metalwerx ,and is a former board member for AVA Gallery and Art Center, Society of Arts and Crafts and SNAG.
Students Should Bring
- 4"x3" x 80/20 reticulation silver (Rio Grande)
- thick gold foil (Allcraft)
- 1/2" x 28g fine silver sheet (fine silver bezel works great)
- 1/2" x 28g gold sheet - 24K - optional (any vendor)
- 1 x clean Solderite™ pad (Rio Grande)
- 1 x clean soldering tweezers (Rio Grande)
- 1 x clean soldering pick (Rio Grande)
- 1 x 6” silver solder - medium (Rio Grande)
- 1 x round nose pliers (Rio Grande)
- 1 x chain nose pliers (Rio Grande)
- 1 x flat nose pliers (Rio Grande)
- 1 x snips / flush cutters (Rio Grande)
- 1 x jewelers saw (Rio Grande)
- 1 x pack saw blades - 2/0 (Rio Grande)
- 1 x half round hand file - #2 cut (Rio Grande)
- 1 x half round forming pliers (Rio Grande)
- 1 x small steel ruler (Rio Grande)
- 1 x sheet of sand paper - 220 to 600 grits (Rio Grande)
- 1 x dividers (Rio Grande)
- 1 x superwool fiber blanket (Cool Tools)
- 1 x agate burnisher (Rio Grande)
Materials Kit* $TBD (payable to instructor)
- 24KT gold commercial foil
- 30ga 24KT sheet gold (to make thicker foils)
- Variety of fine silver and argentium .940 sheet metal and wire
- 22ga fine silver cuff bracelet blanks
- A variety of dried botanicals for roll printing, paper punches, decorative and textured papers
Maximum number of students: 12. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student. Registration cannot be applied to another class.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- Please plan extra time to find us if you’re coming to BoMA for the first time. If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- Snow. Colorado has frequent snowstorms in the winter and does a good job maintaining their roads in the snow. Snowy weather is a regular occurrence in our area and most people are accustomed to traveling under such conditions. Classes will be cancelled only in the case of inclement weather conditions that would make class attendance unsafe. If the National Weather Services issues a Winter Storm Warning for the time period of the class, we will cancel the class. https://www.weather.gov/bou/winterguide
- By clicking on the “Buy Now” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to email@example.com with the name of the class, your name and ‘please add me to the waitlist’