Goldsmithing 101 with Jamie McLandsborough
Saturday, June 20 from 9 am to 5 pm. $145 BoMA members, $195 for non-members. $175 materials kit (it's gold, after all).
In this class we will build a simple ring in 14k gold highlighting the differences between silver and gold, design, construction, soldering, finishing and setting.
For more information and our cancellation policy, see below.
About the Instructor
Jamie Mclandsborough has been working in the jewelry field for 20 years, since he was first introduced to soldering by a wonderful high school art teacher. Jamie has apprenticed, taken courses through GIA, tested with the Jewelers of America and studied extensively but still believes there is no better way to learn than a little bit of knowledge and a whole lot of experimentation. Jamie currently works as a bench jeweler at Gusterman’s Silversmiths in Downtown Denver, served on the Board of CoMA, and takes classes anywhere he can, most recently right here in the BoMA studio.
Students should be confident soldering and completing basic fabrication tasks in silver. Completion of Metalsmithing Level I or two years experience
Tools and equipment students should bring
- Small file set
- 400 grit sanding stick.
- Students should bring a round faceted stone less than 7mm in diameter to bezel set into a ring.
- Students should bring all of the small hand tools that they have available.
Materials kit* $175
*Materials kit purchase is required for all BoMA workshops. The kit insures all students have the same tools and materials require to learn the technique and allows the instructor and the students to focus on the technique rather than the materials.
Maximum Number of Students
8. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 45 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to email@example.com.
- Cancellations less than 45 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- By clicking on the “I’m going” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Please Add Me to the Waitlist” with the name of the class and your name.