Castle Pavé Setting on a Ring with Matt Tuggle for July
Saturday, July 16 from 9 to 5 pm. $145 for BoMA members, $195 for non-members plus Become a member to take advantage of discounted pricing for all our classes.
Additional $85 materials fee payable to instructor in class.
For more information and our cancellation policy, see below
We'll also use the Pulse Graver to split our beads and use beading tools to tighten our stones. Having the pulse graver makes it easier to move the metal and make sure all your stone are secure!
About the instructor
Matt Tuggle has been working as a bench jeweler and goldsmith for 15 years. His passion for metalsmithing began in a high school jewelry class, and he’s never looked back! Matt specializes in custom jewelry that utilizes traditional fabrication, ornamental hand engraving, and advanced stone setting techniques that demonstrates the highest-quality craftsmanship.
Prerequisites for students: Basic metalsmithing skills using a flex shaft and hand tools. Basic stone setting is a plus.
Tools and equipment students should bring:
● Saw frame & blades
● Horse hair polishing brush
● Pin vise
● Any and all hand tools that you enjoy using and would normally bring to a workshop
Materials kit (Tools/equipment and materials/consumables instructor will supply for a fee): $85
● Silver ring blank
● 2mm CZ’s
● Ball burs
● Setting bur
● Drill bits
● Cylinder bur
● Beading tool set
● Custom prong splitter
Maximum number of students: 8
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to email@example.com.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- Please plan extra time to find us if you’re coming to BoMA for the first time. If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- By clicking on the “I’m going” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the class, your name and ‘please add me to the waitlist’.