June Level I Metalsmithing for Jewelry with Jamie McLandsborough
June 3/10/17/24, 2020. Wednesday evenings from 6 pm to 9 pm. $290 for non-members. Membership is included in registration price. $50 in materials is additional and payable in class.
Learn the basics of jewelry making and leave class with a silver ring set with a stone.
For details and our cancellation policy, please see below.
About the Instructor
Jamie Mclandsborough has been working in the jewelry field for 20 years, since he was first introduced to soldering by a wonderful high school art teacher. Jamie has apprenticed, taken courses through GIA, tested with the Jewelers of America and studied extensively but still believes there is no better way to learn than a little bit of knowledge and a whole lot of experimentation. Jamie currently works as a bench jeweler at Gusterman’s Silversmiths in Downtown Denver, served on the Board of CoMA, and takes classes anywhere he can, most recently right here in the BoMA studio.
Tools and equipment students should bring
- Any jewelry tools you currently have in your toolbox (optional)
Materials kit* $50
Tools and equipment instructor will supply
- Hard Solder
- Easy Solder
- 20g sheet
- Grey wheels
- Flex shaft mandrels
- Cabochon stones
- Sterling Silver Tube
- 12g Sterling Silver wire
- 20g Sterling Silver wire
- Saw blades
- Sand paper, sanding sticks
Maximum Number of Students
6. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to email@example.com.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- By clicking on the “I’m going” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Please Add Me to the Waitlist” with the name of the class and your name.