Anticlastic Raising with Pattie Parkhurst
Saturday July 23. $145 for BoMA members, $195 for non-members. Become a member to take advantage of discounted pricing for all our classes.
Additional materials fee payable to instructor in class.
For more information about the class and our cancellation policy, see below.
About the Instructor
Pattie Parkhurst was dreaming and living jewelry since she started making it as a child. In college, Pattie took her dreams of making jewelry a step further in metalsmithing classes. After college she studied with Richard Sweetman at the Sweetman Allen studio in Lakewood. Currently, Pattie is working on her own jewelry line and traveling across the country teaching anticlastic raising.
Students Should Bring
- Raising Hammer. Either The All craft L-5 078-0401 or the Michael Good raising hammer Fretz® CP-2 Michael Good Cross-Peen Hammer, 4.6 oz. - Item: 112657.
- Planishing hammer. Either the Fretz® P-1 Michael Good Planishing Hammer, 5.6 oz. Item #: 112545 or Allcraft planishing hammer 077-01
- Ring mandrel. Rounded square if you have one.
- Pliers of all sorts; round, needle, flat, ring. Whatever you have bring them!
- Flex shaft mandrels with snap on sanding discs: med, fine.
- Flex shaft mandrels with 3M discs 80 grit and finer.
- Flex shaft mandrels with blue rubber wheels
- Please also bring any raising tools or stake you have (optional)
- Students can choose to work with copper or silver, or both!
- Sterling silver sheet: 24ga, 6" x 3" and 12" x 3" OR Argentium sheet: 24ga, 6" x 3" and 12" x 3"
- Copper sheet: 24ga, 6" x 12"
- Sterling wire: round, 20ga, 2'
Materials Kit (Supplied by Instructor)
- Delrin Stake, small. Essential, Pattie will provide this but you do not have to purchase. $25 optional purchase
- Delrin Stake, medium. Essential, Pattie will provide this but you do not have to purchase. $30 optional purchase
Maximum Number of Students
8. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Students must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to email@example.com.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- Please plan extra time to find us if you’re coming to BoMA for the first time. If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- Snow. Colorado has frequent snowstorms in the winter and does a good job maintaining their roads in the snow. Snowy weather is a regular occurrence in our area and most people are accustomed to traveling under such conditions. Classes will be cancelled only in the case of inclement weather conditions that would make class attendance unsafe. If the National Weather Services issues a Winter Storm Warning for the time period of the class, we will cancel the class. https://www.weather.gov/bou/winterguide
- By clicking on the “Buy Now” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the class, your name and ‘please add me to the waitlist’.