Put A Lid On It with Jenn Wells
Friday, Saturday and Sunday, June 26/27/28 from 9 am to 5 pm. $445 for members, $495 for non-members, difference payable in class. Additional materials fee.
Workshop in container fabrication - everyone needs someplace to hide those tiny, special objects.
See below for more information including our cancellation fee.
Basic understanding of metalsmithing is required; students should have previous experience with soldering, sawing, and filing.
Students Should Bring
- Copper or Silver, 16- 20 ga – buy what your budget allows and based on the size of the container you wish to make---a minimum of 6” x 6” sheet is suggested
- 20,18, 16 ga round wire -sterling, copper
- Tubing with wire fitting the interior dimension (for hinges)
- Saw blades- 1, 4/0, 6/0
- Saw frame
- Files- bastard + various shapes and coarseness
- Solder, H, M, E
- Drill bits of various sizes
- Steel Wool
- Sanding Paper- 320, 400, 600- with paint sticks
- Chasing/ Texturing tools (optional)
Materials Kit provided by instructor $5
Large and assorted copper tubing - for small sample containers
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF STUDENTS: 12. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 45 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations less than 45 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- Please plan extra time to find us if you’re coming to BoMA for the first time. If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- By clicking on the “Buy Now” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to email@example.com with the name of the class, your name and ‘please add me to the waitlist’.