Build A Ring with Lauren Markley for September
Wednesday and Thursday, September 8 & 9 from 9 am to 5 pm. $345 for BoMA members, $395 for non-members. Difference payable in class. (To become a member and save $50 on every class, click here.) Additional $45 materials fee payable to instructor.
See below for more information and our cancellation policy
All levels welcome, but basic metalsmithing skills (sawing, soldering, etc.) will be greatly helpful.
About the Instructor
Lauren Markley was born and raised in Kansas and resides in Raleigh, NC. Her jewelry, at once both small-scale sculpture as well as ornament for the body, is a personal interpretation of her immediate surroundings. She uses architectural forms and distressed surface treatments, such as scratches, burns, and peeling paint, in her current body of work. She regularly exhibits her work at craft shows and galleries around the country
Students Should Bring
- H, M, and E solder
- jeweler’s saw and saw blades (2/0 and others)
- needle files
- miter vise (optional)
- pin vise
- drill bits #59
- divider calipers
- steel T pins
- hand tools such as flat-nose pliers
- chain-nose pliers
- parallel pliers
- sand paper(various grits)
Materials Kit $45 (payable to instructor)
- Sterling silver sheet
- sterling silver square wire
- sterling silver round wire
- sterling silver tubing
- Copper sheet
- brass texture tiles
Maximum number of students:: 12. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- Please plan extra time to find us if you’re coming to BoMA for the first time. If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- By clicking on the “Buy Now” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to email@example.com with the name of the class, your name and ‘please add me to the waitlist’.