Tool Making for Jewelers with Chapin Dimond for May
Saturday, May 15 from 9 am to 5 pm.
$145 for BoMA members, $195 for non-members. Become a member to take advantage of discounted pricing for all our classes.
Additional materials fee payable to instructor in class.
For more information about the class and our cancellation policy, see below.
Students need to know how to use a torch, files, flex-shaft with burs. It is helpful if the student is comfortable with power tools i.e. belt sander and grinder.
About the Instructor
Chapin Dimond is a full-time professional metalsmith and jeweler. In 2003 he began his adventure exploring metalsmithing. From Metropolitan State College of Denver, he earned a BFA in Art: Jewelry Design and Metalsmithing. Chapin is a Colorado native. His work is inspired by nature and the beauty of metals. Metalsmithing is the process of telling stories through metal, releasing the inner “feeling” of what metal wants to be. Swing that hammer, light that torch, and see that magic happen. To see Chapin’s work, visit his website, www.cdimond.com.
Students Should Bring● Vice grips
● An assortment of burs to use on steel (ball burs, hart, etc
Files to uses on steel (old files) or FLAT BASTARD file
Sanding sticks -220, 320, 400
extra cut off wheels (some will be provided)
Broken or old burs shaft at least 1
Cash or check made out to Chapin Dimond for kit fee
Materials Kit* $50 (payable to instructor)
- Metal for
- ○ sinusoidal stake
- ○ punch
- ○ scribe
- ○ stamp
- ○ wobbler
- ○ wax carving tool
- Screw mandrel
- Felt buff and compound
- Other necessary tools and equipment
Maximum number of students: 8. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to email@example.com.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- Please plan extra time to find us if you’re coming to BoMA for the first time. If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- Snow. Colorado has frequent snowstorms in the winter and does a good job maintaining their roads in the snow. Snowy weather is a regular occurrence in our area and most people are accustomed to traveling under such conditions. Classes will be cancelled only in the case of inclement weather conditions that would make class attendance unsafe. If the National Weather Services issues a Winter Storm Warning for the time period of the class, we will cancel the class. https://www.weather.gov/bou/winterguide
- By clicking on the “Buy Now” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the class, your name and ‘please add me to the waitlist’.