Decorative Clasps with Suzanne Williams for May
This is a two day workshop on Saturday and Sunday, May 1 & 2 from 9 am to 5 pm. $245 for BoMA members, $295 for non-members. (To become a member and save $50 on every class, click here.) Materials fee of $45 payable to instructor in class.
For more information about the class and our cancellations policy, see below.
Prerequisites for students
Intermediate level skills. Students must know how to solder.
About the instructor
Suzanne graduated from Colorado State University with a BFA in Printmaking and worked as a graphic artist, illustrator, fine artist, and as a technician in art/bronze casting foundries before beginning her jewelry-making career in 1990. Suzanne live in Wheat Ridge, CO where she also has her studio. For many years Suzanne's work was represented by Pismo and several other Colorado galleries. She has participated in many regional art shows and festivals. Suzanne's work focuses primarily on creating wearable 3-dimensional constructions, shadowboxes and dioramas. More recently she have been focused on developing and integrating alternative and unique clasps and closures into her work.
Tools and equipment students should bring
- Pliers: Round, chain nose, flat, half round, and 1 pair with Teflon/nylon jaws (if you have them)
- Digital ruler/calipers
- Ball pein hammer and small anvil or steel block (to hammer on)
- Rawhide mallet
- Saw frame and blades: 2/0 or 3/0, and beeswax or synthetic lube for the blades
- Bench pin with V-slot (each bench has one, but bring your own, if you like!)
- Drill bits (bring a variety of smaller sizes)
- File set, regular and mini sizes
- Shears and nippers
- A selection of round burrs (including 4mm), crosscut or cylinder burrs and diamond burrs (if you have them – there will be some available if you don’t)
- Centering punch (a sharpened nail will work)
- Coarse sanding discs (Moore’s snap-on) and snap-on mandrel
- A sheet of 220 or 240 sandpaper
- Dust mask and safety glasses
Materials kit $45 (Tools/equipment and materials/consumables instructor will supply for a fee):
Kit will include will include all the sterling silver materials needed for all three clasp projects.
Maximum number of students: 10. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to email@example.com.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- Please plan extra time to find us if you’re coming to BoMA for the first time. If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- Snow. Colorado has frequent snowstorms in the winter and does a good job maintaining their roads in the snow. Snowy weather is a regular occurrence in our area and most people are accustomed to traveling under such conditions. Classes will be cancelled only in the case of inclement weather conditions that would make class attendance unsafe.
- By clicking on the “Buy Now” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the class, your name and ‘please add me to the waitlist’.