Graphite Techniques on Enamel
with Christy Klug
Date: Saturday & Sunday, February 29 & March 1
Time: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm both days
Cost: $345 BoMA members
$395 for non-members
Materials fee: $35
A basic overvue of enameling with some fun and creative approaches to surface design. Graphite fires beautifully onto enamel. Christy will teach the use of powdered graphite, liquid graphite and graphite pencil fired into the surface of vitreous enamel. The emphasis will be on loosening up and having fun with surface design. Each student will have a finished wearable pendant at the end of class
About the Instructor
Christy Klug is a self taught jeweler and enamalist who has been creating and selling her work for 16 years. She has exhibited at SOFA, The Smithsonian Craft Show, American Craft Council and many other shows throughout the country. Her work is represented by numerous galleries, including; Patina Gallery, De Novo Gallery, Aaron Faber Gallery, Gallery Lulo, Pistachios Galley. Her designs have won numerous awards and she has lectured, taught and demonstrated her techniques internationally.
Students must be proficient with sawing and soldering.
Tools and equipment students should bring
- Solder: H, M, E
- Jewelers saw
- Saw blades: 2/0 or 3/0
- Files: regular and needle files
- Pliers: flat nose, needle nose, half round
- Cash or check payable to Christy Klug for $35 for the materials kit
Materials kit* $35
- Sheet copper
- opaque enamels
- silver wire
Number of Seats
Maximum 12 students. All participants will be required to sign a waiver.
- You may cancel up to 45 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations less than 45 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- By clicking on the “I’m going” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.