Flush Set Cuff with Rails with Chapin Dimond
Saturday, September 30 and Sunday, October 1 from 9 am to 5 pm both days. $275 for BoMA members, $325 for non-members.
Become a member to take advantage of discounted pricing for all our classes.
See below for more information and our cancellation policy
Students must know how to use a torch, solder silver, use a flex-shaft and basic jewelry hand tools (file, saw, sandpaper)
About the Instructor
Chapin Dimond is a full-time professional metalsmith and jeweler. In 2003 he discovered the magic of metalsmithing. From Metropolitan State College of Denver, he earned a BFA in Art: Jewelry Design and Metalsmithing. Chapin is a Colorado native inspired by nature and the magic of metals. Metalsmithing is the process of telling stories through metal, releasing the inner “feeling” of what metal wants to be. Swing that hammer, light that torch, and see the magic happen. To see Chapin’s work, visit his website, www.cdimond.com.
Tools students need to bring
- 2” x 6” - 20 gauge sterling silver sheet
- 16” - 16 gauge round wire (minimum)
- 12” (minimum) sterling silver hard solder (wire)
- metal jewelry files
- jewelry saw and blades
- sand paper
- 3m bristle wheels in a variety of colors (I like yellow and blue)
- Scotch-brite sheet on flex-shaft mandrel
- split mandrel with different grits of sandpaper/ triax paper
- blue/rubber/ pumice wheels and bullet on mandrels
- small ball burs
- loupe 10x
- flat nose pliers
- needle nose pliers
- optoviser/ reading glass (x5 or x7 is best)
- safety glasses
- wax/bur life
Wear closed toed shoes and avoid wearing polyester, it can be flammable.
Materials Kit Supplied by Instructor - $95*
- diamonds (3) for cuff
- cz for practice
- stone setting tools
- ball burs
- drill bits
- flux- Battern’s and boric acid
- sanding sticks
- other necessary items
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF STUDENTS: 8. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- Please plan extra time to find us if you’re coming to BoMA for the first time. If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- Snow. Colorado has frequent snowstorms in the winter and does a good job maintaining their roads in the snow. Snowy weather is a regular occurrence in our area and most people are accustomed to traveling under such conditions. Classes will be cancelled only in the case of inclement weather conditions that would make class attendance unsafe.
- By clicking on the “Buy Now” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
If the class is full, send an email to email@example.com with the name of the class, your name and ‘please add me to the waitlist’.