Mountain Ring with Chapin Dimond for March
Sunday, March 13 from 9am to 5pm. $145 for BoMA members, $195 for non-members. Become a member to take advantage of discounted pricing for all our classes.
Additional materials fee payable to instructor in class.
For more information about the class and our cancellation policy, see below.
Student must be able to control and use a flex shaft confidently and know how to use a torch, solder silver, use basic jewelry hand tools (file, saw, sandpaper). “A great class after Level 1 Metalsmithing for Jewelry”
About the instructor
Chapin Dimond is a metalsmith and jeweler. In 2003 he discovered the magic of metalsmithing. From Metropolitan State College of Denver, he earned a BFA in Art: Jewelry Design and Metalsmithing. Chapin is a Colorado native inspired by nature and the magic of metals. Metalsmithing is the process of telling stories through metal, releasing the inner “feeling” of what metal wants to be. “Swing that hammer, light that torch, and see that magic happen.” Chapin has been teaching a variety of workshops over the years. To see Chapin’s work, visit his website, www.cdimond.com
Tools and equipment students should bring:
- jewelry metal files
- course (I like #00 flat)
- medium (I like #2 flat)
- fine (I like #6 1/2 round needle file variety)
- jewelry saw and blades (I like 2/0)
- flat - half round nose pliers
- Sharpie- fine point
- sanding sticks -variety of grits [will make 1 in class]
- any jewelry tools you currently have in your toolbox (optional)
- hard solder sterling silver [I like wire (Rio101704) about 3 inchs]
- medium solder sterling silver [I like wire (Rio101703) about 3 inchs]
- sterling silver sheet 16gauge 10mm x 3 inch (minimum)
- sterling silver sheet 20 or 22 gauge 8mm x 3 inch (minimum)
- **Option: Yellow gold (you pick 14k or 18k) sheet 20 or 22 or 24 gauge 6mm x 3 inch and gold hard solder - INSTEAD OF the 20 OR 22 GAUGE STERLING SILVER SHEET
- cash or check made out to Chapin Dimond for materials kit
Materials kit $30 (Tools/equipment and materials/consumables instructor will supply for a fee):
- sanding stick
- copper sheet
- flex-shaft clean up tools
- other necessary items
Maximum number of students: 8. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to email@example.com.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- Please plan extra time to find us if you’re coming to BoMA for the first time. If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- Snow. Colorado has frequent snowstorms in the winter and does a good job maintaining their roads in the snow. Snowy weather is a regular occurrence in our area and most people are accustomed to traveling under such conditions. Classes will be cancelled only in the case of inclement weather conditions that would make class attendance unsafe.
- By clicking on the “Buy Now” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the class, your name and ‘please add me to the waitlist’.