Technique Intensive: Flush Setting with Chapin Dimond for June
Sunday, June 6 from 9 am to 5 pm. $145 for BoMA members, $195 for non-members. Difference payable in class. (To become a member and save $50 on every class, click here.) Additional materials fee payable to instructor.
For more information and our cancellation policy, see below.
About the Instructor
Chapin Dimond is a full-time professional metalsmith and jeweler. In 2003 he discovered the magic of metalsmithing. From Metropolitan State College of Denver, he earned a BFA in Art: Jewelry Design and Metalsmithing. Chapin is a Colorado native inspired by nature and the magic of metals. Metalsmithing is the process of telling stories through metal, releasing the inner “feeling” of what metal wants to be. Swing that hammer, light that torch, and see that magic happen. He teaches several classes here at BoMA. He continuously expands his knowledge through taking class, practicing, and teaching. To see Chapin’s work, visit his website, www.cdimond.com.
Students should be proficient with flex shaft and basic metalsmithing skills (sawing, soldering, etc.) will be helpful
Students Should Bring
- Drill bits - 0.7mm, 1.0mm -1 pack of each (Rio # 341570, 341573)
- Bead Conner Setting Pliers Curved Style #1 (Otto Frei # 146.020)
- Calipers (digital or dial is recommended)
- Loop 10x
- 400 grit sanding stick
- Cash or check made out to Chapin Dimond for materials kit $70*
- chain nose parallel pliers (like rio111102) (optional)
- Any jewelry tools you currently have in your toolbox (optional)
- Sterling Silver practice sheet 14ga or 12ga (optional)
Materials fee* $70 (payable to instructor)
- Lick stick
- Copper practice sheet
- Brass practice ring
- CZs (1.5mm and 2.5mm)
- Ball burs
- Hart burs
- Diamond Leather pad
- Pin vice with 2 pre-made burnishers
- Setting plier cap
- Cut off wheel and mandrel
- Stone tray
- Beeswax for stones
- Other necessary tools
Maximum Number of Students: 8
Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- Please plan extra time to find us if you’re coming to BoMA for the first time. If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- By clicking on the “Buy Now” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to email@example.com with the name of the class, your name and ‘please add me to the waitlist’.