Weekend Level I Metalsmithing for Jewelry with Chapin Dimond for September
Saturday and Sunday, September 24 & 25 from 9 am to 5 pm. Only six students accepted in this class.
Annual membership fee of $45 is included in the price of registration. Additional $60 materials fee payable to instructor in class.
For more information about the class and our cancellation policy, see below.
About the Instructor
Chapin Dimond is a full-time metalsmith and jeweler. He has a BFA from Metropolitan State University of Denver. Chapin is a Colorado native. In 2003 he began metalsmithing. Nature and the beauty of metals inspire his work. Chapin teaches several classes at BoMA: Alternative Casting, Intro to Lost Wax Casting, Flush Setting, Alternative Setting, and Spiculum necklace. To see Chapin’s work, visit his website, www.cdimond.com.
None. Students must wear closed-toed shoes and those with long hair must wear it tied back.
Tools and equipment students should bring
Any tools already in your toolbox. Everything you need will be supplied in class.
Materials kit* $60 Tools and equipment instructor will supply
Cash or check made out to Boulder Metalsmithing Association for materials kit
- Sterling Silver wire 12 Gauge
- Sterling Silver sheet 20 Gauge
- Sterling Silver Tube
- Silver Solder: Hard and Easy
- 3 Calibrated gemstone cabochons
- Saw blades
- Split mandrel
- Grey wheels
Maximum Number of Students
Six. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to email@example.com.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- Snow. Colorado has frequent snowstorms in the winter and does a good job maintaining their roads in the snow. Snowy weather is a regular occurrence in our area and most people are accustomed to traveling under such conditions. Classes will be cancelled only in the case of inclement weather conditions that would make class attendance unsafe.
- By clicking on the “I’m going” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Please Add Me to the Waitlist” with the name of the class and your name.