Hinged Bracelet with Alex Boyd
Saturday and Sunday, April 4 & 5. 9am to 5 pm both days.
Students will learn how to make a hinged cuff with a two-part clasp in sterling silver and 18k gold. We'll forge the cuff, fabricate the hinges and clasp, solder gold to silver and patinate the cuff.
See below for more details and our cancellation policy.
Intermediate to advanced metalsmithing skills are required for this class.
About the Instructor
When Alex Boyd was a young boy he stole an enchanted ring from a powerful bruja. That night his slumber was disturbed by a tapping at his window. When he slid the window open a huge raven rushed in, flew around the room and perched on his bookshelf. "I know what you have taken from me," the raven cawed. "I don't know what your talking about," Alex lied, hiding his bejeweled finger behind his back. "No matter. It is your problem now. The wearer of that ring is indentured to create more talismans of power, either for 1000 years or until he makes something so sublime, so perfect, so beautiful that the spell is broken and he is freed." "1000 years it is," Alex said as he thrust the raven out the window and slammed it shut behind her. He has been making jewelry ever since.
Students need to bring
- Chain nose pliers
- Parallel jaw pliers
- Half round pliers
- Flush cutters
- Hand files
- Needle files
- Sanding sticks coarse medium and fine
- Sawframe with 2/0 blade
- Drill bit approx 1mm
- Bezel roller
- Bezel pusher
- 3M bristle disc yellow
- All your favorite tools you can carry comfortably to class
- $50 cash or a check made out to Alex for the materials kit
Materials Kit $50 (Supplied by Instructor)*
- Silver, solder
- Gold will be available to purchase separately by weight
- Stones will be available to purchase separately starting at $10
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF STUDENTS: 12
Students must be 18 and over. Students will be required to sign a waiver
- You may cancel up to 14 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations less than 14 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- By clicking on the “Buy Now” button and paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to email@example.com with the title “Please Add Me to the Waitlist” with the name of the class and your name.