Finger Candy: Tapered Bezel Rings with Chapin Dimond for July
Sunday, July 10 from 9 am to 5 pm.
$145 for BoMA members, $195 for non-members. Become a member to take advantage of discounted pricing for all our classes.
Additional materials fee payable to instructor in class.
For more information about the class and our cancellation policy, see below.
Prerequisites for students
Be able to control and use a flex shaft; know how to use a torch confidently is a must! Know how to solder silver and use basic jewelry hand tools (file, saw, sandpaper, hammer).
Closed-toed shoes and a tie for long hair are required in the studio.
About the instructor
Chapin Dimond is a professional metalsmith and jeweler. In 2003 he discovered the magic of metalsmithing. From Metropolitan State College of Denver, he earned a BFA in Art: Jewelry Design and Metalsmithing. Chapin is a Colorado native inspired by fun, nature and the magic of metals. Metalsmithing is the process of telling stories through metal, releasing the inner “feeling” of what metal wants to be. Swing that hammer, light that torch, and see that magic happen. To see Chapin’s work, visit his website, www.cdimond.com.
Tools and equipment students should bring:
● 10x loupe
● Metal Calipers
● File -coarse (I like #00)
● File-fine (I like #2)
● Needle files
● Sanding sticks (320 grit, 400 grit)
● Flat round pliers (I like Rio 111183)
● Parallel pliers x2 (I to use Rio 111117 and Rio 111102)
● drill bit 1mm-1.5mm
● Saw with blades (I like 2/0 blades)
● Burnisher (like rio 113037)
● Stone tweezers (I like both rio115092 and rio119337 only need 1)
● Sharpy- thick and thin
● X-Acto knife with blade (I like #11 blade)
● Dividers (I use Rio 116224)
● Sanding drum (split mandrel with sandpaper)
● Finishing supplies (flex shaft tools for cleaning jewelry, what you normally like to use
for clean up/finishing)
● Flat engraver if you have one (optional)
● Hammer handpiece (optional)
● 5 or 6mm round faceted brilliant stone x2
● 1 premade sterling silver straight band 1.75-2mm thick x 1.5-3mm wide (1 will be
provided in class kit)
● Silver solder: hard (I like Rio 101704) and medium (I like Rio 101703)
● Cash or check made out to Chapin Dimond for materials kit*
Materials kit* $75 (payable to instructor)
● Setting punch
● Flex shaft tools
- sterling silver for tapered bezel
- 1 sterling silver ring blank
● Other materials, supplies, and tools need
● Some stones will be available for sale
*Materials kit purchase is required for all our workshops. The kit insures all students have the same tools and materials required to learn the technique and allows the instructor and the students to focus on the technique rather than the materials.
Maximum number of students: 8. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- Please plan extra time to find us if you’re coming to BoMA for the first time. If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- Snow. Colorado has frequent snowstorms in the winter and does a good job maintaining their roads in the snow. Snowy weather is a regular occurrence in our area and most people are accustomed to traveling under such conditions. Classes will be cancelled only in the case of inclement weather conditions that would make class attendance unsafe. If the National Weather Services issues a Winter Storm Warning for the time period of the class, we will cancel the class. https://www.weather.gov/bou/winterguide
- By clicking on the “Buy Now” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to email@example.com with the name of the class, your name and ‘please add me to the waitlist’.