Cluster F$%k: Making a Bezel Cluster Ring with Baleigh Acebo for July
Sunday, July 17 from 9 am to 5 pm.
$145 for BoMA members, $195 for non-members. Become a member to take advantage of discounted pricing for all our classes.
Additional materials fee payable to instructor in class.
For more information about the class and our cancellation policy, see below.
About the Instructor
Baleigh Acebo is the designer & goldsmith behind Acebo Jewelry. Baleigh is a big believer in learning the foundational techniques as a jumping off point for creating well made, wearable art. This thirst for knowledge and experience led her to study at the North Bennet Street School’s Jewelry Making & Repair program in Bahston, MA. Here she was taught to craft her own tools, fabricate intricate pieces from scratch & handset diamonds & precious gems.
Basic metalsmithing skills (sawing, soldering, etc.) necessary for success in this class.
Closed-toed shoes and a tie for long hair are required in the studio.
Students Should Bring
- saw frame & blades
- needle files
- 1/2 round hand file
- favorite rotary abrasives
- ring mandrel
- sanding sticks
- rawhide or nylon mallet
- chasing hammer & hammer setting punches (we will also make one)
- locking head & shank tweezers (Rio #115127)
- round nose pliers (important for holding bezels while cutting seats)
Materials Kit* $80 (payable to instructor)
- silver stock
- 3 sizes of silver tubing
- 3 stones: 5, 4 and 3.5mm 3 hart burs
- hard solder
- medium solder
- steel for hammer setting punch
Maximum number of students
8. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- Please plan extra time to find us if you’re coming to BoMA for the first time. If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- Snow. Colorado has frequent snowstorms in the winter and does a good job maintaining their roads in the snow. Snowy weather is a regular occurrence in our area and most people are accustomed to traveling under such conditions. Classes will be cancelled only in the case of inclement weather conditions that would make class attendance unsafe. If the National Weather Services issues a Winter Storm Warning for the time period of the class, we will cancel the class. https://www.weather.gov/bou/winterguide
- By clicking on the “Buy Now” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to email@example.com with the name of the class, your name and ‘please add me to the waitlist’.