Fling Thing: Springs and Mechanisms with Nash Quinn
Saturday and Sunday, November 4 & 5, 9 am to 5 pm both days. Become a member to take advantage of discounted pricing for all our classes. Additional materials fee payable to instructor in class.
For more information about the class and our cancellation policy, see below.
PrerequisitesStudents should be able to saw, file, and use the flex shaft unassisted, and the willingness to fuss with small, precise components
About the InstructorNash Quinn is a metalsmith who specializes in pattern-formed enameled vessels and small-scale spring-based mechanisms. He earned his BFA from the University of Wyoming, and his MFA from Edinboro University of Pennsylvania. He has taught, lectured, and exhibited his work nationwide. He currently lives in Laramie, Wyoming where he teaches jewelry and metalsmithing at the University of Wyoming.
Students Need To Bring:
- Jeweler's saw and 3/0 sawblades
- #48 drill bit (full set of 1-60 numbered bits recommended)
- Selection of jeweler’s pliers, including round-nose or round-flat
- Ultra-fine-point sharpie marker
- Rubber cement
- Super glue or double-stick tape
- Flat-faced forging hammer
- Chasing hammers
- Bench blocks
- Center punches
- Hardened snips or wire cutters suitable for cutting stainless steel
Materials Kit Fee*: $35 (payable to the instructor)
- 3”x3” brass sheet, 16g
- 1/72 machine screws with nuts, 6x
- 24” spring-temper stainless steel wire, 26g
- 12” brass wire, 18g
- 3/4” brass disc, 20g
Maximum number of students: 12. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student. Registration cannot be applied to another class.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- Please plan extra time to find us if you’re coming to BoMA for the first time. If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- Snow. Colorado has frequent snowstorms in the winter and does a good job maintaining their roads in the snow. Snowy weather is a regular occurrence in our area and most people are accustomed to traveling under such conditions. Classes will be cancelled only in the case of inclement weather conditions that would make class attendance unsafe. If the National Weather Services issues a Winter Storm Warning for the time period of the class, we will cancel the class. https://www.weather.gov/bou/winterguide
- By clicking on the “Buy Now” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to email@example.com with the name of the class, your name and ‘please add me to the waitlist’.