Basic Engraving with Will Adams for June
Saturday and Sunday, June 3 & 4 from 9 to 5 pm both days. Become a member to take advantage of discounted pricing for all our classes.
Additional $80 materials fee payable to instructor in class.
For more information about the class and our cancellation policy, see below.
Basic metalsmithing ideally, but not necessary. Anyone can learn this!
About the instructor
William Adams is a jeweler, gemologist and hand engraver who has dedicated his life to the art of jewelry making. He has been fortunate enough to study under some of the most skilled and respected masters in the trade, and he continues to learn and grow as a craftsman. William specializes in hand fabricated jewelry utilizing, decorative hand engraving, and advanced stone-setting techniques. He is always eager to share his knowledge and experience with others and considers it an honor to help aspiring artisans develop their skills.
Tools and equipment students should bring:
- Optivisor 5X
- Any and all hand tools that they enjoy using and would normally bring to a workshop
Materials kit* $80 (payable to instructor)
This gets each student a sharpening fixture to make a 105° graver so that they will leave the class with the tools to sharpen and make gravers.
- Silver bar earring blanks
- Graver blank
- Practice plates
- QC holder for graver
- optional purchase of graver sharpening fixture ($150)
Maximum number of students: 8. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to email@example.com.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- Please plan extra time to find us if you’re coming to BoMA for the first time. If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- Snow. Colorado has frequent snowstorms in the winter and does a good job maintaining their roads in the snow. Snowy weather is a regular occurrence in our area and most people are accustomed to traveling under such conditions. Classes will be cancelled only in the case of inclement weather conditions that would make class attendance unsafe. If the National Weather Services issues a Winter Storm Warning for the time period of the class, we will cancel the class. https://www.weather.gov/bou/winterguide
- By clicking on the “Buy Now” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the class, your name and ‘please add me to the waitlist’.