Fabricating and Setting Tapered Bezels for Fancy Shaped Stones (with Corners) with Alexandra Hart
Saturday and Sunday, July 29 & 30 from 9 am to 5 pm both days. Become a member to take advantage of discounted pricing for all our classes.
Additional materials fee payable to instructor in class.
For more information and our cancellation policy, see below.
This is an intermediate to advanced workshop. If students plan to create finished pieces, soldering and finishing and stone setting experience recommended but not required.
Closed-toed shoes and a tie for long hair are required in the studio.
About the Instructor
Alexandra Hart is recognized for her and artful couture jewelry and metal sculpture. With both Bachelors and Masters degrees in Art and Metalsmithing, with fashion experience designing for Karl Lagerfeld and Givenchy fashion jewelry, and with fine jewelry design and goldsmithing with Barbara Heinrich Studio, she has achieved a synergy among artistic inspiration, high design and skillful craftsmanship. She has served people and planet for many years through leadership at Ethical Metalsmiths, Womens Jewelry Association, Imperial Valley Social Justice Committee, Compassion for African Villages, and Jewellery and Gemstone Association Africa- collaborating efforts to improve all lives around the world.
Students Should Bring
- Magnifiers/optivisor and 10x loupe
- Accurate Calipers
- 8” 4 cut Barette Files
- 8” #2 Flat file (similar needle files OK but not preferred)
- Flat/Round forming
- Fine (3/0) sanding sticks
- Sterling ring shank up to 4mm wide and/or bail and 1mm round wire loop
- H/M/E Silver Solder
- Chasing hammer
- Hammer Handpiece (optional)
- Small swivel bench vice (optional)
- Thermolock (optional)
- Square bezel block (optional)
- Trillion Bezel Block (optional)
Materials Kit* $50 (payable to instructor)
- exact thickness Tubing
- 6mm trillion CZs
- 5.5 PC CZs
- 1.5m heart bur
- 1mm ball bur
- Pumice Polishing wheel
- Pink polishing wheel
- 3/32 mandrels
- Stone setting stop set
- Steel Chasing tool
- Sticky wax sticks
Maximum number of students: 12. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to email@example.com.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student. Registration cannot be applied to another class.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- Please plan extra time to find us if you’re coming to BoMA for the first time. If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- Snow. Colorado has frequent snowstorms in the winter and does a good job maintaining their roads in the snow. Snowy weather is a regular occurrence in our area and most people are accustomed to traveling under such conditions. Classes will be cancelled only in the case of inclement weather conditions that would make class attendance unsafe. If the National Weather Services issues a Winter Storm Warning for the time period of the class, we will cancel the class. https://www.weather.gov/bou/winterguide
- By clicking on the “Buy Now” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the class, your name and ‘please add me to the waitlist’.