Twin Peaks Two Stone Ring with Alex Boyd
Saturday and Sunday, September 23 from 9am to 5 pm. Become a member to take advantage of discounted pricing for all our classes.
Additional materials fee payable to instructor in class.
For more information about the class and our cancellation policy, see below.
Intermediate to advanced metalsmithing skills are required for this class.
Closed-toed shoes and a tie for long hair are required in the studio.
About the Instructor
When Alex Boyd was a young boy he stole an enchanted ring from a powerful bruja. That night his slumber was disturbed by a tapping at his window. When he slid the window open a huge raven rushed in, flew around the room and perched on his bookshelf. "I know what you have taken from me," the raven cawed. "I don't know what your talking about," Alex lied, hiding his bejeweled finger behind his back. "No matter. It is your problem now. The wearer of that ring is indentured to create more talismans of power, either for 1000 years or until he makes something so sublime, so perfect, so beautiful that the spell is broken and he is freed." "1000 years it is," Alex said as he thrust the raven out the window and slammed it shut behind her. He has been making jewelry ever since.
Students Should Bring
- #2 and #4 cut barrette hand file
- #2 and #5 cut needle file sets
- Chain nose pliers
- Parallel pliers (regular are fine but I like chain nose)
- Half-round pliers
- Flush cutters
- Fine-tipped permanent marker
- Bezel roller
- Bench block
- Small planishing hammer
- 1mm drill bit
- .8mm ball bur
- Sawframe & a few 2/0 saw blades
- 180, 320 and 600 grit (course, med, fine) sanding sticks (you can buy them pre made but are much better if you make your own)
- Metal jeweler’s ruler with mm measure
- 240 and 800 grit sandpaper rolls
- Medium Grit Pumice Wheels
- Dressing stick (this is for shaping pumice wheels. Course sandpaper works too)
Materials Kit* starts at $150 (payable to instructor)
- 2 cabochons
- 12g sterling silver 5.5mm x 7.5cm
- 24g sterling silver sheet large enough to solder two bezels to
- 16g sterling silver sheet large enough to solder two settings to with excess room for rim around bezels
- 22k bezel 26 gauge 1.6mm tall enough for bezels for both stones
- 18k yellow hard solder (in case students want to play it safe and solder instead of fuse their bezel)
** Students are welcome to use their own materials if they want but some of what Alex provides isn’t commercially available and must be milled to the right dimensions.
Maximum number of students: 12. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to email@example.com.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student. Registration cannot be applied to another class.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- Please plan extra time to find us if you’re coming to BoMA for the first time. If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- Snow. Colorado has frequent snowstorms in the winter and does a good job maintaining their roads in the snow. Snowy weather is a regular occurrence in our area and most people are accustomed to traveling under such conditions. Classes will be cancelled only in the case of inclement weather conditions that would make class attendance unsafe. If the National Weather Services issues a Winter Storm Warning for the time period of the class, we will cancel the class. https://www.weather.gov/bou/winterguide
- By clicking on the “Buy Now” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the class, your name and ‘please add me to the waitlist’.