Captured Quartz and Bimetal Pendant with Baleigh Acebo
Saturday and Sunday, April 20 & 21 from 9 am to 5 pm. Become a member to take advantage of discounted pricing for all our classes.
Additional materials fee payable to instructor in class.
For more information about the class and our cancellation policy, see below.
(The piece students will build will slightly vary from picture–in an effort to keep this affordable only the back interior of the pendant will be gold.)
Intermediate soldering skills and bezel setting experience are required to be successful in this class.
Closed-toed shoes and a tie for long hair are required in the studio.
About the Instructor
Baleigh has tinkered with craft and jewelry since she was a wee adolescent growing up in the lush green mountains of Vermont. After pursuing a BFA in Creative Writing she realized she had made a terrible mistake on a very expensive education because what she wanted to do was work with her hands and build shit. She then enrolled in the North Bennet Street School’s Jewelry Making & Repair program in Bahston, MA and everything was good again. Baleigh was technically trained to craft her own tools, fabricate intricate pieces from scratch, handset diamonds & precious gems and repair fine jewelry.
Baleigh is a process jeweler and gets turned on from the problem solving involved in designing intricate pieces and setting weird stones. Her work employs clean lines, industrial elements & graceful geometry that she finds inspiring from everyday design. Baleigh works out of her home studio that she shares with her hubs Alex, along with their 3 adorable floofs.
Students Should Bring
- saw frame and blades
- sanding sticks
- bezel roller and/or hammer setting punches
- ring mandrel
- round bezel mandrel if you have it
- your favorite rotary finishing tools
Materials Kit* $160-200 (depending on gold prices at time of class)(payable to instructor)
- silver and 18k sheet to make bimetal
- hard and medium silver solder
- bezel stock
- round sterling wire
- quartz crystals
- watch crystal
- 1mm drill bit
- chain not provided
Maximum number of students: 10. Students will be required to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 or older.
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior to the start of the class and receive a full refund, less $25 processing. To cancel, send an email to email@example.com.
- Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date will not be refunded.
- In the event we have to cancel a class, you will be notified prior to the start date and will be issued a full refund.
- Registration is not transferrable. You may not sell your seat to another student. Registration cannot be applied to another class.
- If a class has multiple sessions, and you miss one, there is no make up opportunity and the instructor will not catch you up at the next class session. You may not join the next scheduled class, as there’s a maximum number of students for every class and it’s not fair to the other students.
- Please plan extra time to find us if you’re coming to BoMA for the first time. If you are late to a class, the instructor will not catch you up. There’s a structured curriculum for every class and its not fair to other students to skip part of the curriculum to catch up a student who’s late.
- Snow. Colorado has frequent snowstorms in the winter and does a good job maintaining their roads in the snow. Snowy weather is a regular occurrence in our area and most people are accustomed to traveling under such conditions. Classes will be cancelled only in the case of inclement weather conditions that would make class attendance unsafe. If the National Weather Services issues a Winter Storm Warning for the time period of the class, we will cancel the class. https://www.weather.gov/bou/winterguide
- By clicking on the “Buy Now” button and by paying the registration fee, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
- No Exceptions.
If the class is full, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the class, your name and ‘please add me to the waitlist’.